PDA

View Full Version : Meeting a Creeker....

Dan Smith
11-19-2003, 8:42 AM
Well, last weekend I got to me Jim Becker at his shop to pick up his old jointer (which he replace with an air craft carrier). All I can say is that Jim is a great guy who, just as on this forum, is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable and offers great advice. He even let me drool over his shop for a while, showed us the excellent work he has done on his kitchen (still love that double dishwasher), and of course helped out a fellow wood worker with a great buy on an excellent tool. So, since we all love pictures.... here is the gloat... you can see the jointer right next to the new G0513 with my tools in their "parked" position so that LOML can put her car in the shop er, I mean garage....

http://wreck-finder.com/WoodWorking/shoptoolsparked.jpg

thanks again Jim, it was really nice meeting and talking with you!

-dan

John Scarpa
11-19-2003, 9:01 AM
Congrats on the new purchase! Looks like your getting a nice collection of tools for that shop.

Jim Becker
11-19-2003, 10:04 AM
Dan, it was great meeting you and your lovely spouse on Saturday. It's great that she is so supportive of your avocation, too..."good choice!" Anyone who likes the idea of their woodworking partner putting up a large, dedicated shop is "OK" in my mind! :cool:

Dan Smith
11-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Dan, it was great meeting you and your lovely spouse on Saturday. It's great that she is so supportive of your avocation, too..."good choice!" Anyone who likes the idea of their woodworking partner putting up a large, dedicated shop is "OK" in my mind! :cool:

Jim, I would not trade her for anything. She is great, and very supportive. It was nice meeting your's as well. Thank you for the hospitality and such a nice jointer!

-dan