PDA

View Full Version : Another pre-gloat...

Tim Brooks
01-10-2007, 1:29 PM
Man, all of you drive a hard bargain!!!! You about twisted my arm out of socket about buying the new lathe so I felt I must conform or I might be ostracized from the forum. :eek: I know you thought I would never make the decision but I did it.:D What a deal! $325 to my door and it should be here the middle of next week!

http://www.amazon.com/708351VS-JML-1014VS-Horsepower-Variable-Woodworking/dp/B0000C6DYM/sr=1-9/qid=1168430898/ref=sr_1_9/102-8622365-4191333?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2007, 1:37 PM
Tim...........I have the Jet VS Mini..........It's a great little lathe! I'm going to buy a bigger one this fall.....but it sure has let this old guy learn a lot and did it without too much complaining!

CONGRATS!

Nobody would harass you too much. All of us live on a budget especially turners....We understand. But....the #2 morse tapers on this will let you use most of the attachments...on bigger lathes in the future! I think you bought a good lathe...

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2007, 1:43 PM
Congrats Tim. That is a nice little lathe. Ditto what Ken said about the budgets. I will say this though turning sure does stretch it though. Welcome to the vortex of turning.

Tim Brooks
01-10-2007, 1:46 PM
Tim...........I have the Jet VS Mini..........It's a great little lathe! I'm going to buy a bigger one this fall.....but it sure has let this old guy learn a lot and did it without too much complaining!

CONGRATS!

Nobody would harass you too much. All of us live on a budget especially turners....We understand. But....the #2 morse tapers on this will let you use most of the attachments...on bigger lathes in the future! I think you bought a good lathe...

Thanks and thanks for the input. I already have the pen blanks cut, drilled and ready to go!

Also, congrats on your new purchase too.:D

John Hart
01-10-2007, 1:46 PM
I don't mean to harass you TOO much....buuuut.

.....or do I work a side job to come up with the $$ to buy the Jet?

Are you saying that you worked a side job for 3 hours and 36 minutes?:D

Just kidding:rolleyes: ...Congratulations on your decision. You'll prolly be happier for it.:)

Tim Brooks
01-10-2007, 1:55 PM
I don't mean to harass you TOO much....buuuut.

Are you saying that you worked a side job for 3 hours and 36 minutes?:D

Just kidding:rolleyes: ...Congratulations on your decision. You'll prolly be happier for it.:)

You're pretty slick--putting that together. Actually, this means I will have to do a few more tax returns during tax season to pay for it. ;) I actually already have the side job...

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2007, 2:10 PM
Tim.....Maybe you can give John "Hopalong" Hart some tax advice.....If John owns a former Amish farm....and buys a couple of draft horse colts...can he write off the time it takes to train the horses to plow the land .....spread the horse apples and the feed....grain etc....as a business expense?:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Tim Brooks
01-10-2007, 2:33 PM
Tim.....Maybe you can give John "Hopalong" Hart some tax advice.....If John owns a former Amish farm....and buys a couple of draft horse colts...can he write off the time it takes to train the horses to plow the land .....spread the horse apples and the feed....grain etc....as a business expense?:eek: :rolleyes: :D

I'm sure the IRS won't catch it... John, let me know how that works for you...:eek: But I will need to know what the names and social security numbers of these dependants are?

John Hart
01-10-2007, 6:50 PM
Whoa now boys! It's bad enough that I have to remember my daughter's SSNs....
I suppose you'll want me to set up an IRA for these oat burners too!!!:rolleyes: