PDA

View Full Version : Official......Pre-gloat........

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
I have a very generous MIL. For Christmas she gave me a nice sum of money to buy something "I dearly wanted" not something I "needed".......I don't need a hollow form set but I want one..............

I just ordered the complete Jamieson HF set including scraper and laser from the cuttingedgetools...............

I've got this beautiful crotched piece of apricot that's begging to be a HF!

I can't wait............but I have to............

I'm also ordering Jamieson's video to learn how to use it! ORDERED!

Rob Nolan
01-10-2007, 1:08 PM
Ken that's great! Can't wait to see pictures!

Steve Schlumpf
01-10-2007, 1:23 PM
Now THAT is a gloat!!! Very happy for you! Can't wait to see what you have to say about it. Have been studying my Packard catalog and the Jamieson Master set keeps jumping out!!! Once it comes in - lots of pics please!

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2007, 1:48 PM
Ok Mr. Fitz. Aren't these understanding wives wonderful. That is your first gloat. By the way the Jamison is a great gloat. Can't wait to see that apricot HF. Congrats Ken.

John Hart
01-10-2007, 1:49 PM
Congratulations Ken!! Too cool. I'm gonna stick it out with Bertha for a little longer, then I'm getting the Jamieson too. Or maybe I can pay someone to manufacture me one. Or maybe learn how to weld.:rolleyes: Dunno yet.

But I'm happy for YOU!!!:D

Pete Jordan
01-10-2007, 1:53 PM
Alright Ken!

There is no stoppin you now!

Mark Pruitt
01-10-2007, 3:52 PM
Uh-oh.....LOOKOUT.......Ken's in the hollerin' business!:eek:

Great gloat! Looking foward to seeing what you do with it!

Jim Dunn
01-10-2007, 3:54 PM
Ken, I take it that you have not found the bottom of the vortex as yet. Ask Andy. He's been to the bottom and found?

Nice gloat.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2007, 3:57 PM
Ain't no bottom.......You just turn a longer funnel!

Jim Dunn
01-10-2007, 3:59 PM
Is that why Andy has a pointy head??:)

Tom Sherman
01-10-2007, 4:45 PM
Cool gloat Ken, there's no stopping you now.

Mark Cothren
01-10-2007, 4:49 PM
Congrats Ken!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2007, 5:18 PM
I just got to thinking..........I may have to beef up the "diving board" to make that HF rig work......:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Barry Stratton
01-10-2007, 5:30 PM
Sweet, albiet invisible, GLOAT Ken!

Is it compatible with a PM3520???? I coulda swore I read somewhere you were getting one.........:D

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2007, 5:45 PM
Barry.....I bought the system with the secondary tool holder. I may have to change the secondary tool holder a bit to make it work on the PM 3520B or do like a lot of others have done and build my own. I was hoping to get the PM this fall...that's what we had budgeted......before the periodontist wanted to do a couple of implants. .....SWMBO says we'll be able to do it anyway....I'm not as sure as my wife......we'll see.......

Bill Wyko
01-10-2007, 6:14 PM
I have a very generous MIL. For Christmas she gave me a nice sum of money to buy something "I dearly wanted" not something I "needed".......I don't need a hollow form set but I want one..............

I just ordered the complete Jamieson HF set including scraper and laser from the cuttingedgetools...............

I've got this beautiful crotched piece of apricot that's begging to be a HF!

I can't wait............but I have to............

I'm also ordering Jamieson's video to learn how to use it! ORDERED!
Is there a website I can see these tools?

Ken Fitzgerald
01-10-2007, 6:19 PM
Bill you can see them at any of the major turning supplies websites......woodturnerscatalog.com.......packard woodworks.com....cuttingedgetools.com