PDA

View Full Version : Trip Little Rock, AR?

Larry Browning
01-10-2007, 9:51 AM
SWMBO has asked me to accompany her to Little Rock this weekend for a conference she is attending. I will have the day on Saturday to do whatever I want. Are there any members here in the Little Rock area that would want to give me a shop tour? I would also like to visit any woodworking stores in the area. I am looking to buy some board buddies and some finishing supplies.

Thanks,

Larry

Bobby Hatfield
01-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Larry, sorry but the best place in Little Rock for tools closed out their tool section sometime last year, that was P. C. Hardware and Machinery Co. on West Markam. I went down there to pick up a tool and they were no longer in business for tools. I am not sure if there is another place or not. Bobby

Lars Thomas
01-10-2007, 1:11 PM
Not sure about tools down there, but "Doe's Eat Place" is a Little Rock must-see.

Jim Hager
01-10-2007, 1:13 PM
SWMBO has asked me to accompany her to Little Rock this weekend for a conference she is attending. I will have the day on Saturday to do whatever I want. Are there any members here in the Little Rock area that would want to give me a shop tour? I would also like to visit any woodworking stores in the area. I am looking to buy some board buddies and some finishing supplies.

Thanks,

Larry

There is a Rojek dealer out near the airport and they have a shop set up with all the toys that they showed me through one day. They are the US headquarters for Rojek machinery but it's not all that big. One of my former students was a salesman there a couple of years ago when I went in for a look see. You might do a search for them on the net to discover what the address is. It's worth doin if you ain't got nothing else going. Their machinery is pretty nice but I don't have any experience with any of it.

I was in Little Rock not too long ago for a conference and went to Conway to visit Dennis Peacock. He's only about 20 or so miles from where 30 and 40 meet and we had a great visit.

My son roomed with a boy from Mountainburg when he was in college. Jay Myrus, as small as Mountainburg is you probably helped raise him.

If you wanta come north up 67 you can get to me but it'll take 2 1/2 hours or so. Bobby is on the way too.

Mark Cothren
01-10-2007, 2:49 PM
If you have time to take a half-hour drive up here to Conway give us a holler. I'm about 10 minutes from either Dennis or Joe Meazle. Also, Zahid Naqvi is a lot closer to LR than we are. Maybe we could meet for a handshake and a howdy.

Larry Browning
01-10-2007, 8:24 PM
Not sure about tools down there, but "Doe's Eat Place" is a Little Rock must-see.
We have a Doe's in Fort Smith. The food is great! But, if I'm going to pay $35-$40 for a steak, I want it served on a china, or at least stoneware, instead of plastic with stamped silverware.
That's my only complaint about Doe's

Jim Becker
01-10-2007, 8:59 PM
We have a Doe's in Fort Smith. The food is great! But, if I'm going to pay $35-$40 for a steak, I want it served on a china, or at least stoneware, instead of plastic with stamped silverware.
That's my only complaint about Doe's
My only complaints with them are that the smallest portion is a pound and a half (!) and they don't have any locations around here. (I enjoyed the one in "Wally-World Town" when I was visiting them awhile back on business)

Joe Meazle
01-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Larry you are welcome to come by my place in Conway the shop is a mess though and very small. I am sure that Dennis would enjoy a vist too. Rick deRouque is here in town too. I do not know of any woodworking stores in LR.

Joe

Dave Bow
01-11-2007, 3:45 AM
Larry,
I could give you a shop tour, but it would only last about 30 seconds. My shop is only 10 x 12, and a little cramped. If you are looking to get some lumber, Hogans Hardwood is in S. Little Rock.

Dave