PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman club

Carson Saunders
01-10-2007, 9:17 AM
I'm new to the forum and looked for a "rules" post but couldn't find one, so I hope this doesn't violate any rules (although I'm not sure why it would). I'm wondering if anyone here is a Craftsman club member? I'm looking to pick up the 22124 and have read that some additional discounts might be available to club members, so I thought I would join. Just thought I'd see if its just a gimic or if its a serious club.

Thanks

Paul Greathouse
01-10-2007, 9:48 AM
I'm new to the forum and looked for a "rules" post but couldn't find one, so I hope this doesn't violate any rules (although I'm not sure why it would). I'm wondering if anyone here is a Craftsman club member? I'm looking to pick up the 22124 and have read that some additional discounts might be available to club members, so I thought I would join. Just thought I'd see if its just a gimic or if its a serious club.

Thanks

Carson, I don't know anything specific about deals on the 22124 but I can give you some general info on the club. I joined a couple of years ago as a promotional deal at my local Sears store. I was buying a set of mechanics tools for my oldest son and I seemed to get a better deal by joining but I haven't seen comparable deals on their woodworking tools.

They send me a small catolog in the mail, once a month or so. There are always woodworking/carpentry tools in it but they are usually things that I already have. As far as the prices, I usually find better tools for better or comparable prices on line. I don't buy craftsman powertools, I'm not knocking them I just prefer other brands for my portable powertools, Dewalt & Bosch saws, Porter cable Routers.

Normally what I buy from sears is handtools and measuring tools. I love their 25' tape measure with the blade lock on the bottom. It's the most comfortable for me.

Probably the best buys associated with the Craftsman club are thier mechanics tools and air compressors. I have had one of their Devilbiss made pancake compressors for years and I'm still using it. I exclusively use their mechanics tools but I try exclusively not do any more mechanic work than I have to, if you know what I mean. Saw dust is whole lot more fun than grease.

Carson Saunders
01-10-2007, 9:57 AM
Thanks for the response Paul. Since I'm just starting out in woodworking, my tool collection is pretty small. This sounds like a good way to save a few bucks on some tools I will probably be picking up soon. The 22124 is like a dream saw for me at the moment. Being a beginner I will probably go will something a little less pricey, unless I can catch a great sale or something.

I have to admit there is a "real reason" that I posted this message. I have tried to sign up online for the craftsman club for the past several days now and have not received any communcation back from them. I even tried to 2 different email addresses. You wouldn't happen to have an 800 number for them would you? Or is it just the sears number?

If signing up for this can save me a few bucks while I boost my tool collection, I'm all for it.

Thanks again.

Randy Cox
01-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Carson, I too had the same problem as you. No response from there web sign up. I was in Sears one day and lying on the check out counter was a stack of forms to sign up for the club. Grabbed a couple and mailed on off. Took a few weeks, but I recieved my card just about a month ago. I believe there is a sale right now going on for club members on the saw you mentioned. Hope this helps.
Randy

Randal Stevenson
01-10-2007, 10:51 AM
The club has gone down. I joined in 2003 and never received a flyer or catalog (had no idea how it was supposed to work). I saw a flyer in 2004 at a friends, then learned how it USED to work (10% off anything in the store on the club days, not anymore). Now it's only 10% off the stuff in the flyer, and they did something online, but I am don't know if that is changed. They offically stopped the calendar last year, yet a recent member, just received her card, with the (get a calendar each year), thing in it.
The have a web presence that has changed, craftsmantooltalk.com. The old link is no longer valid, and they have been killing links outside of it, they now lead to (sign up for the emails) type thing.
The January sale is 7th-15th, although only the BTclone is on sale, to my knowledge. And you could sign up in the store (look at the cash register, normally right in front of it), and get the discount them.

Ken Salisbury
01-10-2007, 4:43 PM
I'm new to the forum and looked for a "rules" post but couldn't find one, so I hope this doesn't violate any rules (although I'm not sure why it would).
Thanks

There is a "Terms of Service (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php)" link at the bottom of every SMC page. It outlines the "rules" of SMC.

Anthony Anderson
01-10-2007, 5:14 PM
Hey Carson,

The 22124 is on sale right now for $799 in the Craftsman Club flyer. I believe this is probably the best bang for the buck, right now, on table saws below the $1000 mark. I don't see how you can possibly go wrong with this saw for this price. I have no affiliation with Sears. Just my opinion. You should be able to sign up in the store and receive the discount. Regards, Bill

Jeff Pilcher
01-10-2007, 7:04 PM
I really enjoy my CC membership and I frequently get CC sale fliers.

I did get an additional CC discount when I bought my 22124 last April.

... and ...

Just today I picked up a 250/500/750/1000 watt dual Halogen tripod work light.

Regular Price: $ 39.99
On Sale for: $ 29.99
CC Price: $ 9.99

I say join and enjoy.