PDA

View Full Version : Comments and questions by Steven Blunt about infill planes

Ron Brese
01-10-2007, 9:12 AM
Steven I was harboring lustful feelings for some infill planes but like lots of people did not have the finances to fulfill my wantings. I have a metal working background so I set about detailing some methods of contruction that were not exactly the norm. You will notice in the pics that there are no peened dovetails holding the sides to the sole. My LN doesn't have dovetails and it works just fine, but I digress we are talking about infills here. My planes are made with brass sides and bronze soles, the sides are attached to the sole with a method I call a threaded rivet. (my next generation of planes will be all bronze with just a bit of brass here and there in the non wear areas) If you would like I can email you a pictorial of the process. It's about 8 pics and the file sizes are over the limit for posting here, so let me know if you would like the pics. The plane in the pics is a small smoother just 5.75 inches long.

Ron

Mike Henderson
01-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Ron, can you post that tutorial somewhere? I'd like to get a copy of it also.

That is, if you have access to a web site, put it on the web site and post the URL here. If you don't have access to a web site, perhaps someone here will volunteer to post it for you. I would volunteer, but I used up my bandwidth allocation with a tutorial I posted a week ago.

Mike

Ron Brese
01-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Mike before we do all that let me see about altering the file sizes and listing the pics over 2 post.

Ron

Mike Henderson
01-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Mike before we do all that let me see about altering the file sizes and listing the pics over 2 post.

Ron
Okay, there's a free program called pixresizer that works pretty well. Google for it if you don't have a good program for doing resizing.

Mike

Brian Hale
01-10-2007, 4:39 PM
Ron, if you'd like you can email the pics to and i can do some Photoshoping to them for file and image size.

Brian :)

Ron Brese
01-10-2007, 6:37 PM
Thanks Brian, I have been consulting with my son the Mac head, and he has enlightened me to a trick to do the resizing. I will post the pics soon.

Ron

Michael Fross
01-10-2007, 8:04 PM
I'd love to see the process. If you need a web spot let me know. I've lots of space.

Michael