PDA

View Full Version : higher quality pen refills?

Stephen Hibbs
01-09-2007, 7:45 PM
I have had a bit of difficulty making my ballpoint pen, which has the standard Cross refill in it work consistently. It's not terrible, but occasionally it can get irritating. I saw on psi's site they have 'higher quality' Cross style refills by Schmidt. Are these better and more reliable?

Stan Cook
01-09-2007, 8:32 PM
While I've not used any of the cross style refills by Schmidt, I have used their rollers, parker style refills, and converters. I have found all of them to be very good quality.

Lars Thomas
01-10-2007, 9:48 AM
Depending on the destination, I usually toss the included refill and replace it with a Parker Gel part number 30525.

Frank Kobilsek
01-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Stephen,

I find the ballpoint refills in kits to be OK. They are all black ink so I usually keep a few blue ink refills in stock, mostly because I like blue.

Rollerballs refills included in kits on the other hand are horrible. I always replace those with something else. Schmidts are good but whatever the local office supply store has is fine and 10X better than the refill provided.

Enjoy

Frank

Dario Octaviano
01-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I never used Schmidt "cross" type refill but their Rollerball refill is the only one I use and I believe is the best out there.

I also use their "Parker" type refill on occasion but I personally prefer gel refills. A shame that they stopped making gel refills though.

They offer great quality products and their "cross" type refill is probably worth trying.