PDA

View Full Version : Woodline? Anyone use them?

Dan Racette
01-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Does anyone have any first hand experience with the customer service and the product quality of Woodline? I am looking just for router bits and shaper heads.

I would love to hear some feedback about them.

D

Craig Coney
01-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Great customer service, bits are generally better than average quality,and gives great quality cuts. I don't expect my router bits to last a lifetime, so I generally use Woodline, so if I destroy one, I don't feel so bad.

Dave Falkenstein
01-09-2007, 12:45 PM
I have been buying from Woodline since they were a local company located in Payson, AZ. Their customer service has always been good, and I like their bits. My thinking on router bits is to buy decent quality. If I wear one out, I'll buy top quality then. I get good cuts from my Woodline bits in a home shop environment. Woodline router bits are warranted for life - that's hard to beat.

Mark Singer
01-09-2007, 12:52 PM
The bits are good.. and the customer service is excellent...I had a bad one and they replaced it ..

JayStPeter
01-09-2007, 2:04 PM
I like them also and use them for my lower use bits. I have found them to be of more consistent quality than other bits in the price range. Plus, great customer service.

glenn bradley
01-09-2007, 2:11 PM
I haven't used Woodline so cannot speak directly. I hear they are fine. The reason I haven't used them is that MLCS has similar prices and charges no shipping. This allows me to order "onesy-twosey" without having to worry about getting the most for my shipping costs.

P.s. No association with MLCS, they've just been easy to work with.

Dan Gill
01-09-2007, 2:12 PM
I bought two sets of door bits from them (one for my FIL), and I have used mine quite a bit without any problems. Good service and good prices, too.

Bob Rufener
01-09-2007, 7:34 PM
I have had excellent luck with Woodline bits. Their service was excellent. I haven't had any problems with any of the bits I have purchased. I think you get a good bang for the buck with their bits.

Steve Clardy
01-09-2007, 7:46 PM
Excellent results with the smaller bits. Roundovers, flush trim bit.

Miter lock bit, door profile bits were a different story.

Bart Leetch
01-09-2007, 7:57 PM
I have had good results with Woodline. I think what we are seeing here is that for home shop use & light commercial use these bits work fine. But for heavier commercial use which I believe is what Steve Clardy does they may not be able to stand up to these requirements.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Steve Clardy
01-09-2007, 8:00 PM
I have had good results with Woodline. I think what we are seeing here is that for home shop use & light commercial use these bits work fine. But for heavier commercial use which I believe is what Steve Clardy does they may not be able to stand up to these requirements.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Right. The two piece rail and stile bits were not matched up.
I tried two different sets. They dulled after one set of cabinet doors.
Around 25 doors

Dan Racette
01-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks all for your input. I was looking to use their bits for some less used bits that I don't want to invest much $$ in but want to have around.

I have mostly whitesides for now. I need to gather some straight bits and they have a shear cutting straight bit that is inexpensive.

T & G, Rail/Stile, and other production I use shaper heads or Whitesides.

This is still the best place to get non-ad revenue based information!!!

Dan