PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them Gators?

Gary Herrmann
01-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I had hopes, but dang, I didn't think we'd win like that. Maybe less time off, maybe just cosmic alignment.

Or maybe just speed and desire.

Go Gators!

Mike Null
01-09-2007, 6:59 AM
I was on the other side. What a whuppin. At least our band looked good.

skip coyne
01-09-2007, 8:19 AM
swamp can be a dangerous place if your not careful ;)

Allen Bookout
01-09-2007, 8:25 AM
If you were not a Gator fan you probably did not know who was going to play Ohio State for the championship by watching the sports broadcasters. Overall that was the most onesided pregame coverage that I have ever seen.

Keith Starosta
01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
swamp can be a dangerous place if your not careful ;)

Not for nuthin', Skip, but they played in Arizona. ;) :D

- Keith

Jerry Olexa
01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
That was a total domination victory for Florida and they were on 2 yd line as game ended....The OSU Heisman QB was totally snuffed....And I'm a Big 10 fan.. Maybe there is something to these SEC guys after all....Well coached and a balanced offensive attack!!

skip coyne
01-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Not for nuthin', Skip, but they played in Arizona. ;) :D

- Keith

when your up to your xxxxx in gators then its a swamp ;)

Matt Meiser
01-09-2007, 8:06 PM
I could care less, but I'm on a business trip in Columbus right now. People were a little upset today!

Bill Turpin
01-09-2007, 8:32 PM
As much as I hate the gators, they did look pretty awesome.

Bill in WNC mountains

Andy Haney
01-09-2007, 9:20 PM
I won some small gentlemanly bets with friends on this game. As I told them today, I grew up down south where nothing is more important than football...not fishin', not huntin', not beauty queens, not even NASCAR!

They got a kick out of that.

To be honest, if I were betting real money it would have been on the Buckeyes!

Andy

John Daugherty
01-09-2007, 9:40 PM
Listening to the radio today, they said the nuts have never beaten an SEC school in a bowl game.

BOB BUCHANAN
01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
I live about 5 miles from the stadium. The traffic was horrible. I too wish it was played in florida or ohio.

Ken Salisbury
01-10-2007, 5:01 PM
Maybe there is something to these SEC guys after all....Well coached and a balanced offensive attack!!

I won a bunch of $ on this game - I even got Florida + points on all bets. For many years the SEC has been under rated by the predominately Yankee sports press. It's just the way it is I guess. There is no doubt in the mind of any knowledgeable, serious football fan that the SEC is the toughest football conference in the country. When the SEC plays outside the conference you will win a lot more $ than you will lose if you bet on them. It's kinda like taking candy from a baby.

Dick Durbin
01-12-2007, 2:22 PM
A couple of young fellas delivered an appliance to our house yesterday. They both had on Gator caps. When I opened the door one of them immediately said, "Go Gators."

I commented that he must really be a Gator fan, to which he replied, "No. I'm a Seminoles fan, but I lost the bet. I have to wear this cap for a week and greet everyone with 'Go Gators'."

Gary Herrmann
01-12-2007, 9:51 PM
A couple of young fellas delivered an appliance to our house yesterday. They both had on Gator caps. When I opened the door one of them immediately said, "Go Gators."

I commented that he must really be a Gator fan, to which he replied, "No. I'm a Seminoles fan, but I lost the bet. I have to wear this cap for a week and greet everyone with 'Go Gators'."

Hilarious. Fitting punishment for a 'Nole.