PDA

View Full Version : More pens....

Barry Stratton
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
.....but I won't complain as these things will end up buying me a mustard machine by summer 2007!!!

Top pic are Ligero kits from CSUSA, finish is lacquer and wax. Woods (L-R) are Redheart and 2 in bias cut Canarywood (sound familiar Corey?:D ).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/bearfretworks/HPIM0623601x700.jpg

Bottom pic are Panache kits from CSUSA, finish is lacquer and wax. Woods are (L - R) redheart, chechen, and Koa with a tad bit of curl.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/bearfretworks/HPIM0625700x524.jpg

Let me know what I could have done better.......Thanks.

Pete Jordan
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Nice lookin pens!

Anything for a mustard!

Leigh Costello
01-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, I think they are excellent pen IMHO. Go forth and claim your gold for your mustard machine!

laurie sullivan
01-08-2007, 11:00 PM
how many pens does it take to get a mustard machine:D

laurie

Barry Stratton
01-08-2007, 11:02 PM
how many pens does it take to get a mustard machine:D

laurie
One. IF the price is high enough..........and the buyer dumb enough:D

Leigh Costello
01-08-2007, 11:04 PM
The right place, the right price, You could buy me one and send it to my house. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
01-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Barry.....I'll trade you some Mustard for a pen....I'll even pay the shipping on the Mustard.....Nice Pens! Here's hoping you get your mustard by summer. I can't imagine a hot dog....hamburger.....a braut...without mustard!

Bernie Weishapl
01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Barry those are some mighty fine pens buddy. With pens like that the mustard won't be long coming. How the weather up there buddy. Sounds like it is a little brisk.:eek:

Jim Ketron
01-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Nice looking pens Barry!
with pens like that mustard wont be long!

Keith Burns
01-09-2007, 8:22 AM
Great pens Barry !! Excellent execution, fit and finish.:) :)

Alex Cam
01-09-2007, 8:42 AM
Hi Barry,

Very nice looking pens. You're obviously a few levels above where I'm at right now. How do you go about getting a customer base for selling them? I'm on the "give a bunch of them away until word of mouth kicks in" plan, but I'm not sure that's the best way.

Mark Pruitt
01-09-2007, 8:44 AM
The panache redheart is my favorite of the bunch but I like them all! Great job. I like the satin finish too.

Steve Schlumpf
01-09-2007, 9:06 AM
Very nice pens Barry! Like the look of the grain in the 2 bias cut Canarywood. Nice job!

Christopher K. Hartley
01-09-2007, 9:54 AM
Barry, these are unique and I don't see anything that could have been better.:)

Ernie Nyvall
01-09-2007, 9:52 PM
I've seen those kits in that cat. and never cared for them too much... until now. Man, they look great. You must be selling the heck out of those things.

Barry Stratton
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words folks! But remember, the one taking the pictures controls what YOU get to see:rolleyes:

Hi Barry,

Very nice looking pens. You're obviously a few levels above where I'm at right now. How do you go about getting a customer base for selling them? I'm on the "give a bunch of them away until word of mouth kicks in" plan, but I'm not sure that's the best way.

Alex - I am far from an expert at this....having started turning last March or April...but have been lucky enough to have sold over 100 pens/pencils. I have a small booth at a local craft mall where I sell pens/bottle stoppers and a WHOLE bunch of scroll sawn stuff. Sales there are pretty decent. I have some pens at the place I get my haircut - again, decent sales. Most of my sales though comes from word-of-mouth....co-workers, friends, teachers (give your kids teacher a nice pen, they show it off and BAM, orders).

There's a wealth of pen turning info at penturners.org if you are really interested.

Corey Hallagan
01-10-2007, 8:39 AM
Beautiful pens Barry, and I expect they look even nicer in person! That redheart and canarywood are gorgeous. I have had a couple drilled out ready to turn for awhile.. just other priorities. Haven't made a pen in awhile now. Wish all canarywood looked like that! Nice job Barry and good luck on the mustard machine!

Corey