PDA

View Full Version : Moving Laser

David Sabot
01-08-2007, 9:50 PM
I am moving offices, about 250 miles away. A 53 foot freight truck is coming to load up all my stuff. Any advice on moving the laser machine? Is there a way to lock the laser tube or something I should do in advance?

Nancy Laird
01-08-2007, 9:54 PM
David, Take the tube out and pack it separately in a box with lots of good packing material. If you bought the laser new, you might still have the box the tube came in. Moving just across town won't hurt it; moving miles away might!

Nancy

Gary Hair
01-09-2007, 1:06 AM
My laser rode on a truck from Texas to Oregon - slightly more than across town... It arrived in fine condition. You may want to check the alignment but it shouldn't do any harm otherwise.

Joe Pelonio
01-09-2007, 8:20 AM
My laser was shipped by truck from Colorado to WA and the tube was installed. As I recall the head was tied down to prevent it from sliding around, and there was plenty of styrofoam between the laser and the box.

Brent Vander Weil
01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
I echo what Joe said... Mine came from Colorado to Iowa...

Rob Bosworth
01-09-2007, 12:56 PM
David, make sure that you put some cushioning under the machine for the ride. If you are sending all of your stuff on a straight freight truck, I would cushion the system. If you are sending via moving company, most of those vans are air ride. And an air ride van is much easier on bumps and humps than a straight freight truck.

Bill Cunningham
01-09-2007, 5:21 PM
I'm not sure what kind of laser you have, My epilog came from Colorado to Ontario Canada without a problem.. My epilog also came with some little clamps that locks the cross beam so it can't move during transit..

Al Mutairi
01-11-2007, 3:04 PM
My laser has been through 3 continents , N.America , Europe , & Asia made many transits & was handled by different shippers on the way here and it arrived here intact & looking pretty & now it is doing wonders on acrylic & wood .

Here is .... Kuwait.