PDA

View Full Version : Radar Detector?

Tony Sade
11-18-2003, 1:24 PM
I'm in the market for a new radar detector-preferably cordless, and under $200. Any recommendations? TIA,

Aaron Koehl
11-19-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm in the market for a new radar detector-preferably cordless, and under $200. Any recommendations? TIA,

Sorry, can't help ya there..
They're illegal in Virginia :D.
(Just so you know when you're travelling through here).

_Aaron_

Ron Meadows
11-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Probably shouldn't say anything since the detector I have is both corded and north of your $200 limit, but you absolutely couldn't go wrong with a V1 by Vallentine. Year in, year out the best radar/laser detector out there. Mine has paid for itself many times over and works even in Virginia since it has a shielded LO frequency and cannot be picked up by their radar detector detectors.

Ron

Doug Jones
11-19-2003, 4:58 PM
Tony,
I have ran with a number of radar detectors, and none of them compare to my CB radio. Those truckers are more informative than any radar could ever be. Of course the down side is all the other blah,blah,blah stuff I hear, but after awhile I've learned to tone it all out and only hear the bear reports, this is more useful on the major hiways than on the smaller side roads.
Wal-mart- BearCat radio for 70 bucks
CB Shop- K-40 or Wilson antena for 65 bucks

best radar detector going. And as far as I know (which isn't much) CB's are legal in all states,,,good luck

Howard Barlow
11-21-2003, 2:41 AM
Your best radar detector is about 20mph over the posted speed limit. Works every time. :eek: