PDA

View Full Version : Just in time

Bobby Hatfield
01-08-2007, 4:10 PM
isn't my manufacturing process, its just the way it happens most time. Just in time for Christmas dinner I finished this for a customer, locked the shop door and dropped off the key to her mother, my neighbor and went out of state for Christmas. I hope they brought enough help to load it, that sucker is heavy, it is solid red oak and planed down from 6 quarter stock until it clears up, got about 1-1/4" on the top and aprons, loose tenons (1/2" baltic birch plywood) with 1/2" oak dowels through the legs, aprons and tenons. Lots of trouble turning the legs, I resharpened the gouge and couldn't control it, guess I have lost what touch I had.

Now its back to working for food, really, making table tops for my local favorite resturant, after I make one, we settle up and I always have to pay, its really hard when your widdered and can't cook, or is that too lazy to cook.

Bobby

Ken Garlock
01-08-2007, 4:35 PM
That is a nice looking table, Bobby. The new owner should be happy with it, I know I would be.

Charles McKinley
01-08-2007, 5:10 PM
Hi Bobby,

Nice to see a post from you.

The table looks very nice. Find on of them well off widas to take good care of you! ;)

Jim Becker
01-08-2007, 8:12 PM
Purdy table, Bobby!

Todd Burch
01-08-2007, 8:41 PM
Hey Bobby!! It's been a while since I've seen a post from you (not to mention I haven't been around for a while too!).

Table looks great. How fast can you make 'em? You tradin' woodwork for food now? ;) I guess anybody that does woodworking for a living does the same thing.

Todd

Ron Jones near Indy
01-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Great looking table. They should be proud to show it and use it.

John Schreiber
01-09-2007, 12:07 AM
The table looks great of course. I was off the Creek for a good long while and since I've been back, I wondered what happened to some of the old timers. Last I remember you were looking at purchasing some monster motor home or something like that.

Good to see you.

Glenn Clabo
01-09-2007, 5:46 AM
Happy New Year you ol'...well you know. Working for food again, eh?

Good to see you post and very nice table.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-09-2007, 9:23 AM
Very nice table Bobby! Glad to see you posting again.