PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with the rails?

Teri McCarter
01-08-2007, 3:22 PM
I have an old Delta 34-760 (just got in an auction). The fence seems to be pretty square and we are going to build an outfeed table for it. I really like all the ideas on Jim's website (thanks for the link).
But I don't understand how to continue to use the rails and fence with the tables.
Can someone please explain or post some good pics of this?
Thanks,
Teri

Tyler Howell
01-08-2007, 3:57 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking Teri:confused:
Can you be more specific:confused:

Teri McCarter
01-08-2007, 4:14 PM
There was a previous question on the forum from someone asking about outfeed table ideas for a TS.
I was actually looking for the same info. On that thread, Jim put a link to his TS setup and there were other pics there too.
I noticed that all the outfeed tables hook directly to the back of the TS. The rails for the fence on my TS go across the back just below the miter slots. My fence hooks to both rails so how would I do an outfeed table and still use the rails for the fence?
Hope this makes more sense, thanks.
Teri

Jeremy Gibson
01-08-2007, 4:42 PM
Teri,

I've seen a commercial outfeed table from Rockler.com that supports rear rails used to carry a fence. Esentially a bracket is installed between the saw and the rear rail that then mounts to the outfeed table. The edge of the table is then out beyond the rear rail. Of course another alternative is to change out the fence to one that does not rely on the rear rail for support.

Teri McCarter
01-08-2007, 4:56 PM
Looked at rockler and now I understand but it is still hard to see in pictures because nobody does a straight down shot of the outfeed table. Thanks for the info.

Jim Becker
01-08-2007, 8:17 PM
Teri, since you have a fence that has a rear-locking mechanism, you'll need to do things a little different with my design and most others in that you'll need to fabricate some form of brackets that allow you to mount the outfeed table (the fixed portion in the case of my design) behind the rear fence rail such that it doesn't interfere with the fence, itself. One idea may be to use a couple heavy shelf brackets (the welded white ones from the borg) fastened to the back of the saw (assuming it's a cabinet saw or hybrid). You can then build up the underside of the saw-side of the outfeed table to sit on top of the brackets clear of the fence rail. Any other method to do this would work fine, just be sure to make things beefy enough to provide good support to the table surface.

Tyler Howell
01-09-2007, 9:19 AM
Hey Teri
Rockler sells and outfeed table or "hardware only" package to make your own. The quick release clips allow you to remove and store the table when not in use. See the cross view in this link.
http://www.rockler.com/faq/faq_tablesaw_outfeed_mounting.cfm
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=5719&TabSelect=Details&SearchHandle=DADBDADHDADADDDGDHDJDADBDBDEDHDCCNDFG FDCDDCNDEGBDADCCNGBDEGCGGCNDBDCDADDGGDEDHGBGCDGGBD IDADADADBDADADADADJHEGBGCGMGFCAHDGBHHDADADADEDADAD ADADADADADBDFDADADADBDADADADADADADADADADADADADBDAD ADADADJHEGBGCGMGFCAHDGBHHDADADADBDB
Good luck
TJH
PS I have one for my old Cman.
Not real stable but works.

Dan Cameron
01-09-2007, 1:38 PM
Here's what I did for a fold-down table on my Dewalt hybrid saw.

Dan