PDA

View Full Version : Mini Component Stereo Cabinet?

Art Davis
01-08-2007, 12:05 PM
My wife wants me to make a cabinet for our mini component stereo system. It would sit on the top and have storage beneath for cds and dvds. Does anyone have plans for such an item---or know where they can be had? I'm at the beginning level of woodworking, so wouldn't want to tackle anything too complex.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Art

Mike Conley
01-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Here is a picture of a cabinet I made a few years ago for our stereo equipment. I modified a Woodsmith plan to build this. If you are interested I could email you the CAD drawings I made and I can also look up the Woodsmith plan that I modified.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/chaseengineer/Woodworking/CherryCabinet3.jpg

Art Davis
01-08-2007, 1:44 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the response. Just as I was looking at the picture of your cabinet, my wife called me from the other room where she was looking at back issues of Woodsmith. She had found one from volume 24, number 140, April, 2002 that she liked---only it was too wide. It looks as though yours might be that one, only cut down in width. Am I right?

Anyway, I would love to see your plans and modifications. Can I view them without a CAD program?

Best,
Art
P.S. Your unit looks great! Am I right in thinking it is of oak?

Mike Conley
01-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Thats the one. I made ours out of Cherry with a Poly/Oil finish.

I can send you the drawings in PDF files.

Sent me a private message with your email.