PDA

View Full Version : Woodslicer--big difference

Dan Gill
01-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I bent the 1/2" Timberwolf blade on my Grizzly 14" band saw the other day (I thought there was enough of a flat on the bottom of that almost-round piece I was trimming). Anyway, that gave me an excuse to order a 1/2" Woodslicer from Highland.

The difference in cut quality with the new blade was dramatic. I really had no complaints about the Timberwolf, but now that I've seen the cut form the Woodslicer, I'd never go back.

John Headley
01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I was talking to man at a local craft show that made the shaker boxes and sells them. He told me to get a Woodslicer from Highland. He's been making the boxes for 20 years and has tried just about every brand on the marker. The only two I've used is the Timberwolf and the Woodslicer and the Woodslicer wins.

Don Bullock
01-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Thank you for the information. I have to buy some blades for my new band saw and will try both to see which I prefer. The Timberwold blades were the only ones that I had seen being recommended. The Woodslicer sounds like its worth trying as well.

James Carmichael
01-08-2007, 6:40 PM
Sounds great, but $35 for a carbon-steel blade?

I guess if you save it for slicing nice veneers only, but I hate changing blades.

Joe Spear
01-09-2007, 9:19 AM
I got a Woodslicer a few years ago. It was great to start with, but it got dull pretty fast, which is a common complaint about it.

Hal Flynt
01-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I have a 3/4" WoodSlicer and have no complaints at all.