PDA

View Full Version : MM16 is arrived today!

John Scarpa
11-18-2003, 2:43 AM
The Mini Max arrived today. I had a heck of a time getting it in the garage as it was too tall to clear the door on the pallet jack. I finally managed to muscule it in on my own. Getting it uncrated and off the pallet took some creative leveraging to manage by myself as this is one heavy bandsaw. I won't try this on my own again, but it's in and "most" of the grease that it's packed in has been removed. a big job, but I'm grining.

John

John Miliunas
11-18-2003, 8:03 AM
Congrats John! I've heard many good things about that unit and, yes, "heavy" is one of them! I feel for you with having to move, unload, setup, etc... by your lonesome. LOML has a pretty lousy back, so I end up doing a lot of that stuff by myself, too. (Really amazing what a guy can do by himself, if given enough thought to "how"!) Anyhow, enjoy the new tooyl and keep us posted on setup, performance and the such. :cool:

Bob Lasley
11-18-2003, 8:58 AM
Congrats on the new saw John. It really is kind of amazing how we will risk our necks, backs, etc. to get a new tool into the shop and set up when we wouldn't think of doing so for any other reason. Well...........on second thought............maybe it's not so amazing when you consider...............that we're all ate up with it!!!!!!!!! :D

Bob

Dennis McDonaugh
11-18-2003, 9:09 AM
Congrats John, you'll love the MM. BTW, whats that square white tool in the back right of the picture?

John Scarpa
11-18-2003, 9:22 AM
Dennis,
That's an amazing new tool for cleaning shop aprons etc. Seriously I have some "challenges ahead sharing space with those big white cabinets and the LOML's W&D. Sound & dust control are the biggest ones. It will be interesting to see how this turns out!
John

Gene Collison
11-18-2003, 11:25 AM
Dennis,
That's an amazing new tool for cleaning shop aprons etc. Seriously I have some "challenges ahead sharing space with those big white cabinets and the LOML's W&D. Sound & dust control are the biggest ones. It will be interesting to see how this turns out!
John

John,

Congrats on the new saw, makes my Delta 14" look kind of lame LOL.

Gene

jerry cousins
11-18-2003, 4:46 PM
have had one for about 1 1/2 years - you'll love it.
a great machine

jerry

Jim Becker
11-19-2003, 2:39 AM
Very nice! Keep us posted on how you like this nice tool...I have one on my "list" for next fall.

Jay Albrandt
11-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Love Mine!

Don't use it without some serious dust collection!

Jay

John Scarpa
11-20-2003, 9:34 AM
I got a follow up call from Mini Max yesterday. These folks are just great to work with.

So far I haven't hooked power up yet. I have an electrician lined up tho. The saw arrived in great shape. No damage done in shipping and a very small amount of surface rust on the table. The drive pulley didn't get the rust protection it needed. I treated it with some rust inhibitor and cleaned it up. Other than those minor things not even one scratch on the paint job. This is one really robust saw. I can't wait to put it to use but that will be awhile as I have some electrical upgrading to do.

I'm going to follow the advice I got here and get some serious dust collection as soon as I can. Setting up a shop is work but the kind that makes you smile!