PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Gloat from Christmas

Paul Greathouse
01-07-2007, 9:36 PM
Don't buy this worthless junk. I didn't buy it, I know better, I ended up with it while we were playing White Elephant during Christmas at the inlaws. We had a $50 limit on gifts, cordless powertools shouldn't fall into a $50 limit catagory. I think my nephew knew better too, he works for a contractor. The drill probably fell way under the $50 limit. He got off cheap, I got well scr..ed, with a worthless screw gun.

The brandname is Durabuilt. It's anything but that. I figured I would give it the benefit of the doubt and drive some 1 1/4" sheetrock screws into a 2X4. While driving the third screw it stopped, it did start again after cooling off, but stopped again on the 3rd screw when I gave it, it's last chance. Notice the "Made in China" on the owners manual.

Paul Canaris
01-07-2007, 9:43 PM
Got something similiar a while back. Took 6 hours for a charge. Fully charged it was enemic at best.

glenn bradley
01-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Its the thought that counts. . . Oh, wait a minute, was someone thinking?

Jesse Thornton
01-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Reminds me of when my brother in law was really proud of a 'wicked deal' he got on some similar cheapo brand 18v cordless tool kit. I decided to bite my tongue, but later when I was helping him do some work at his house, about twenty minutes into using the drill the motor started smoking and smelling something awful. At least he managed to get his money back.
I won't shop at any store that knowingly sells junk like this to unsuspecting cutomers.

Al Willits
01-08-2007, 8:40 AM
""""""""""
I won't shop at any store that knowingly sells junk like this to unsuspecting cutomers.
""""""""

Gonna eliminate a lot of stores...:)

Gotta give them credit, they took it back and refunded his money.

Not to get on the buy USA bandwagon, but seems more and more of the stuff coming from overseas is junk, fasterners are one of my big ones, seems I'm snapping a lot of them from overseas kits.

Although I just got a Bosch laminate router and the 17mm wrench that came with it won't fit the collet of the router, maybe its just tools in general that aren't what they used to be?

Is definitely a buyer beware time we live in.

Tools as gifts with out knowing what is wanted, is a risky venture anyway, buying cheap tools is a waste of money for most I think.

Al