PDA

View Full Version : A few pens

Noah Alkinburgh
11-17-2003, 11:16 PM
I thought about naming this post "Keeping up with Gersty" :D

Seriously, here are a few pens I have done the past couple days. From left to right they are Phillipine Ebony, Padauk, Padauk, Zebra Wood and I believe Bloodwood (Ken correct me if I am wrong.) I apologize for the crumby pictures. I am working on getting better shots. Thanks for looking.

Noah

Tom Sweeney
11-17-2003, 11:27 PM
I don't know about "keeping up with Gersty" though - personally I've given up on trying ;)

Great job on the pens - great choice of woods - you'll have to turn me on to your private stash once I get started on pens :D

Keep up the good work & keep the pics coming - the rest of us need the inspiration - OK I need the inspiration :D

John Miliunas
11-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Nice job on the pens, Noah! The Ebony one is particularly striking. Don't worry 'bout keepin' up with the Jones's, in this case, Kevin. You need to remember that in Illinois, guys gain about 3 hours of shop time every weekend when Da Bears are playing and let's not even get started on the Cubbies.... :rolleyes: (Sorry Kev...Couldn't resist! They almost pulled it off yesterday!) :cool:

Ken Salisbury
11-17-2003, 11:34 PM
I thought about naming this post "Keeping up with Gersty" :D

Seriously, here are a few pens I have done the past couple days. From left to right they are Ebony, Padauk, Padauk, Zebra Wood and I believe Bloodwood (Ken correct me if I am wrong.) I apologize for the crumby pictures. I am working on getting better shots. Thanks for looking.

Noah

Great job Noah

Correct on the wood except the first one is Phillipine Ebony as opposed to African Ebony.

Ken Salisbury
11-17-2003, 11:37 PM
- you'll have to turn me on to your private stash once I get started on pens :D

His "stash" came from the Old Rebel Workshop :D :D

Noah Alkinburgh
11-18-2003, 8:11 AM
His "stash" came from the Old Rebel Workshop :D :D

SHHHHHHHHH I don't want anyone else to know.

Tom those are from the blanks I won here at Sawmillcreek courtesy of the Old Rebel Workshop. I should have mentioned that above.

Noah

Dave Smith
11-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi Noah,

Nice work. I hadn't turned any pens for quite a while and forgot the instant gratification from putting them together. Also read the note at the bottom of the page on slim line pens, that says the long tubes are for pens, before pressing the tip into the barrel. DAMHIKT.

I need to get your care package in the mail soon.

Dave Smith

Tea is gone, better head to the shop in Longview, WA.

Wes Bischel
11-18-2003, 2:05 PM
Noah,

If I didn't know better, I would say you've been turning pens for quite some time! Impressive to say the least.

I also agree on the ebony - striking! Are these for some lucky people on your Christmas list?

Wes

Kevin Gerstenecker
11-18-2003, 5:51 PM
Noah, those are very nice indeed! They look just like the Pen Hardware that I use..............must have got them from the same guy? :D Seriously, nice work..............big fun, ain't it? Looking forward to seeing more Pens soon. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Scott Greaves
11-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey Noah!

Nice pens! I love the woods you used! Keep it up!

Scott.

chris toomey
11-19-2003, 8:58 AM
I don't know about "keeping up with Gersty" though - personally I've given up on trying ;)

Great job on the pens - great choice of woods - you'll have to turn me on to your private stash once I get started on pens :D

Keep up the good work & keep the pics coming - the rest of us need the inspiration - OK I need the inspiration :D

tom

how did you make out with that pile of logs you scored this summer where they were widening that road or puttin up utility poles?

i don't think i saw a follow up of what came of it.