PDA

View Full Version : Board Buddies auxillary fence

chris fox
01-07-2007, 3:10 PM
As mentioned in a earlier post, my wife surprised me with BB. Just now geting time to mount and rip some wood. The question is there a good reason to make a auxillary fence if you dont mind drilling and tapping into the top side of a stock fence?
I am using a jet contractors saw with stock fence and dont see why I would need a auxillary fence, if I plan to cut into the edge of a piece of wood, etc. I would take the BB off anyway.

thanks

Joe Mioux
01-07-2007, 5:51 PM
I drilled my holes right into my General T-fence (Biesmeyer).

Joe

Jim Becker
01-07-2007, 6:42 PM
IMHO, drilling and tapping is the right way to go. It will accomodate the board buddies as well as a whole host of other attachements and jigs. Check out the system in Jim Tolpin's Tablesaw Magic which leverages this idea..

Richard Kagen
01-07-2007, 8:18 PM
I did this to my old fence to board buddies and will be doing it again.

I took a piece of scrap 3/4 oak (I have been using left over flooring) drill and seat 2 good quality "t" nuts. Drill some oversized holes in the top of the fence. Slide the oak inside the fence with a couple of pieces of foam tape on the top of the oak. tighten it up once, the foam tape sticks and you are left with some very good threads to work with.

chris fox
01-07-2007, 8:29 PM
thanks everyone, sounds like drill and tap is the way to go on my aluminum Jet fence.