PDA

View Full Version : HVLP Spraygun

Howard Rosenberg
11-17-2003, 10:44 PM
I'm planning to buy a C-H HVLP spraygun for my compressor.

What is the typical pressure I should set the compressor at?
If it makes a difference, the resevoir's at the top of the gun.

BTW - does anybody have any knowledge/experience with
C-H HVLP sprayguns (it's the one at HD)?

Thank you. Howard

John Miliunas
11-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Howard, sorry but I can't personally help you on this one. BUT, I think I know someone who can. Do a PM to Jim Becker. I seem to recall he talked very highly of a Wagner unit and a good place to purchase it from. If I remember correctly, it was pretty reasonably priced, too. No, not as cheap as the HF one but, this is a case, IMHO, you get what you pay for... :cool:

Ace Karner
11-17-2003, 11:58 PM
I have an Acuspray gravity feed HVLP gun I use at work, I set the regulator at about 40 PSI

Jim Becker
11-18-2003, 12:18 AM
Howard, sorry but I can't personally help you on this one. BUT, I think I know someone who can. Do a PM to Jim Becker. I seem to recall he talked very highly of a Wagner unit and a good place to purchase it from. If I remember correctly, it was pretty reasonably priced, too. No, not as cheap as the HF one but, this is a case, IMHO, you get what you pay for... :cool:

The Wagner gun is great. The source I got mine from is Gleem and there is a link on my site...I don't have it with me on my work machine.

Phil Phelps
11-18-2003, 8:45 AM
....You can either buy a HVLP with it's own turbine compressor, or a conversion gun that operates from a conventional compressor. You'll need a compressor with a large capacity, though. If you have a conversion gun, it is best to have a regulaor on the air hose at the "gun". I crank my regulator from the compressor to 80psi. Then adjust the reg at the gun. You will be using much more air than a siphon gun typically uses. It is the pressure at the tip of the HVLP that is lower than a siphon gun, hence "low pressure".