PDA

View Full Version : Rigid Jointer

Fred Giordano
01-07-2007, 1:10 PM
If any one is interested Home Depot has this jointer on sale on line for $319.20. The store price is $399. The price is good until 1/11/07. I found a HD by me that would match the online price. All I had to do is print out the add and bring it to the store. My Christmas present is now in my garage. If you call about the add, ask to speak with the store manager.

Darl Bundren
01-07-2007, 4:49 PM
That's a good deal on a good jointer. I like mine a bunch, and I'm sure you will, too.

Dave Sweeney
01-07-2007, 5:01 PM
Everytime I've ever asked the HD here to match their own companies online price they have flatly refused to do so. Just last week I asked them to match this online price for the jointer and again was told they wouldn't do it. For those who have store managers that will match their own companies online prices, you're lucky.........I wish those managers lived around here.

chris fox
01-07-2007, 6:11 PM
They matched the online price at my store too.
Its a nice jointer, too bad the universal mobile base for Rigid tools dosent fit the jointer. I had very little vibration on the motor right out of the box, alittle tweaking and it purrs.

Tim Malyszko
01-07-2007, 7:15 PM
I picked up this jointer just before Christmas for $319 on-line price. The HD I purchased it at was not going to match the price, so I was going to walk out without the Jointer, pluse the additional $700 worth of stuff I was purchasing. After that debacle, they were more than willing to match their own price.

On the other hand, I purchased other Ridgid tools from the other HD down the street from me and they've matched the price, no questions asked. I didn't buy the jointer here because they were out of stock. I guess it all depends on the store manager.

This jointer is one excellent peice of equipment. Mine was dead on perfect right out of the box.

John Shuk
01-07-2007, 7:34 PM
It really is a nice jointer. I haven't seen any other owner's manual that can even come close to this machine either. It is first rate.

thomas prevost
01-07-2007, 7:50 PM
not the jointer, but I had a similar problem with Dewalt tool. Called national customer service. Was told it is a company policy to match prices IF THEY ARE IN STOCK. no rain checks or back orders. Got the price, plus a $25 Gift certificate for future purchase.

Larry Rasmussen
01-07-2007, 7:57 PM
The one for this jointer model is $329, advertised as a 6" but the model # is correct. You guys are a bad influence. Larry R

glenn bradley
01-08-2007, 12:27 AM
My HD also refuses to match based on the excuse that the online "store" is a different group or some such.

John Grossi
01-08-2007, 6:03 AM
I had successfully talked myself out of needing a jointer, at least until now. I have a Rigid 12.5 planer which gets my boards down to size. So far I have only bought S4S red oak from our local mill for my projects. More expensive that way, but I figure I save the cost of a jointer, plus not worrying about all the dust and electricity that involves a jointer. I also thought if the day came when I talked myself into one, I would get an 8". But now comes along this HD deal. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Paul

Jerry LaBelle
01-08-2007, 6:19 AM
I originally bought mine with 10% off the $399 price by opening up a new charge account. Two weeks later when I found out about the online price I went back with the website printout of $319 and asked if they would match the price and they said no problem and issued me a $42 credit and I got if for $319. This is at the HD store on the west side of Madison, WI. Very please with the jointer! :)

Jerry

Charles Bruno
01-08-2007, 8:33 AM
Our Home Depot mached the on line price, I printed out the page there was no problem. The jointer has performed well. I've had it for 2-3 years.