PDA

View Full Version : Napkin Rings

Lee DeRaud
01-06-2007, 3:04 PM
Got a request to do a set of napkin rings...does anybody know offhand if there's a "standard" size for the hole?

Nancy Laird
01-06-2007, 3:38 PM
Lee, I have several sets, and the median size seems to be about 1-1/2" I.D. That's large enough for a nice and heavy linen or damask napkin. Be sure to post pics.

Nancy

Kevin McPeek
01-06-2007, 9:33 PM
Thanks for reminding me, that was one of the xmas projects that didn't make it to the lathe. Its a birthday project now..lol.
It's good to know that there seems to be a standard size.

Curt Fuller
01-06-2007, 9:39 PM
Well Lee, at the Fuller compound we never see the need to roll up the paper towels and put them in a ring.:cool: But I'd say the hole for a good napkin ring ought to be just a little smaller than the piece of wood that you're making them from.;)

Richard Madison
01-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Lee,
It depends upon the napkins, which vary from relatively thin to relatively thick material. There's no standard thickness for napkin material that I know about, so the hole gotta match the napkins. Would go measure mine, but they're all packed in boxes, being moved to another location. Just get some napkins, drill holes in plywood or whatever is handy and pick the best sizes.