PDA

View Full Version : Engravable USB Flash Drive

Mike Klafehn
01-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Has anyone had success in engraving these small drives?

And if you have, do you have a source for these?

I have a customer that would like some engraved. Here is a link to a site that has some that are relatively inexpensive (as far as these go) and I can get them blank. http://www.atlaspen.com/static/products/8492D.php?item=8492D&pv=1

The problem I see is that most are plastic and might not engrave well. But, I'll wait to hear from anyone re their experiences.

Thanks

Dave Jones
01-06-2007, 1:17 PM
There are a number of them out there in anodized aluminum cases. Try doing a search on "jump drive", which is another name for them.

Steve Clarkson
03-03-2009, 9:28 AM
Does anyone have a source for the Wooden Cross USB Flash Drives.....oh, that are less than $30?

Colleen Williams
03-03-2009, 1:05 PM
Hey Steve,

Yeah!!!!! I can finally help someone out with some information. I know that you can get the bamboo cross at www.flashdrivedirect.com. They also have all sorts of other nice ones in bamboo and some in woods too I believe. You can contact them for their pricelist. The guy who runs the place is really good about getting back pretty fast with information. They actually do decorating there, but will sell blank items as well. I think he had told me that it was $0.25 off of the actual decorated price. There might be other places as well but I knew as soon as I saw your image that they had them because I had looked at them for a church client of mine.

Colleen

Steve Clarkson
03-03-2009, 2:29 PM
Thanks Colleen! I sent them an e-mail asking for prices.....any idea how much they were when you checked?

Dee Gallo
03-03-2009, 4:16 PM
Yes, thanks, Colleen! I seem to be doing whatever Steve is doing... trouble... I e'd for prices too. But I think the bamboo flashdrives could be a great item to have on hand!

Colleen Williams
03-03-2009, 4:26 PM
Steve and Dee,

the last pricing I got was in Nov/08. At that time (I know that the pricing can be volatile) The ranged from $6.50 (USD) for a 64MB up to $21.33 (USD) for an 8 GIG. Didn't matter the style of the casing the pricing was set just upon the memory of the stick.

Yes that was my thought exactly Dee - to have some on hand here. I just haven't gotten around to ordering them yet.

Steve Clarkson
03-03-2009, 6:04 PM
I seem to be doing whatever Steve is doing...

Copycat.....

Dee Gallo
03-03-2009, 6:23 PM
Copycat.....

I know you are, but what am I?

Steve Clarkson
03-03-2009, 6:25 PM
I know you are, but what am I?

LOL.....Like I tell my kids.....I'm not playing that game!

Scott Shepherd
03-03-2009, 7:39 PM
If I hear one more peep out of either of you, I'll pull this car over right now.....;)

John W. Love
03-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Don't make me come back there!

Alexa Ristow
03-04-2009, 6:53 AM
JUst to let you know we did successfully manage to engrave on plastic usb sticks - you will need to play with setting as I cannot remember what settings I used :((this was before I started writing everything down!!!) I do remember that we used high speed low power. We also used masking tape over the engrave area. It would be easier if you could find "metal" ones but I suppose it depends on your client needs

I have attached a pic for you to look at - I must say this was one of my first "real" jobs and I was very proud!!! Good luck

Dee Gallo
03-05-2009, 2:46 PM
Just to update this thread: I got the price quotes from FlashDriveDirect company, and the prices for the bamboo flash drives I am interested in range from $8 - $30 depending on memory (512 MB-16GB) and less for quantities over 100. They include printing or lasering a logo for you and the guy told me the price only goes down 25¢ if you want them blank. There is a setup charge you'd avoid, so that's an extra charge of $75 for any order. They come with a lanyard and gift box.

cheers, dee

Belinda Barfield
03-05-2009, 3:18 PM
Just when I thought I was going to have to give both Dee and Steve a time out, I had someone ask me if I could engrave jump drives!:eek: Is there some sort of cosmic convergence thing going on? In the stone industray I can usually tell what was featured in the latest design magazines as I start to have multiple requests for the same thing. Maybe engraved JDs were featured in some publication recently. Oh well, thanks from me as well Colleen!

Steve Clarkson
03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
100 is alot unless you have an actual order......which I don't. Guess I'll keep looking......but if you place an order Dee, get me 10!