PDA

View Full Version : Finding a local source for waterborne finish

Larry Browning
01-06-2007, 9:54 AM
Hello all,
As most of you know, I live in a small town in western Arkansas (Mountainburg, which is just outside of Fort Smith). I would perfer to find a local source for waterborne clear finishes. So far all I have been able to find at the paint stores/BORGs are Benjiman-Moore, Sherman-Williams, Pittsburg, and Minwax. I can't find the ones that always are mentioned here, like Target, General, and the like. I know that I can order these online, but, I would like to find something today for some office cabinets I want to spray today. Can I get acceptable results with some of these name brands listed above or should I give up on finding something local?

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Fox
01-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Larry, I think that you should give up on finding Target at a local source. However, if you have a Marstans (or other unpainted furniture store) local, give them a try. I believe that Marstans has a relationship of some type with General and my local one stocks almost the full line.

Jim Becker
01-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Larry Fox's correct. Target Coatings is only available direct from them in New Jersey and from selected other sources, such as Jeff Jewitt's Homestead Finishing.