PDA

View Full Version : miter saw follow up question

russell johansen
01-06-2007, 2:26 AM
After the great suggestions earlier this week, I think I like the bosch sliding CMS(after looking at both it and the makita) but ran across two models on amazon. Was wondering about the differences between the two and how important those differences are for the $100 difference in price. I note the amps are 13 vs 15 but I don't know how that translates into real usage. (also HP is 2.8 vs 3) I am a novice/newbie doing 1-2 projects per year mainly in cheap wood while I improve my skills.

Bosch 3915

Bosch 4410L

Anything else I am missing? Thanks

glenn bradley
01-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Well there's quite a bit of difference. As to which is better suited for you I can't say. One has the direct drive motor vs. the motor behind. The 4410 has bevel controls mounted up front and the adjustable-angle handle. 4410 has tall fence parts on both sides and the extension table arms built in. The 3915 gives you more bevel angle.

You'll have to consider what you'll be doing. Is the greater bevel angle important? Then maybe the small amount of drop in power and the upfront controls aren't as important. If you're going to build it into a bench then the table extensions on the 4410 become unimportant as you will probably deal with this another way. Sorry, no black and white answer here. Enjoy!

Randal Stevenson
01-06-2007, 12:31 PM
The 3915 is a single bevel smcs, where the other one is a dual bevel.

Kelly C. Hanna
01-06-2007, 3:15 PM
Also the 3915 is an older model. I'd get the 4410.