PDA

View Full Version : Fan blade question again :-)

Neville Stewart
01-05-2007, 6:56 PM
Please indulge me this will be my final question, I swear - I thought about reversing the wires on the motor as the fan is on suck right now(as a whole house fan). If I want it to suck out of the shop, instead of reversing the motor could I just put the fan blade on the other way(reverse the blade pitch/direction), there is plenty of room on the shaft and it would end up in the same place re: the cowelling - any thoughts ??

CPeter James
01-05-2007, 7:18 PM
If you mean to take the blade off and just put it on upside down, the answer is no. It will still blow in the same direction. If you can put it on the other end of the motor you will reverse it.

CPeter

Neville Stewart
01-06-2007, 7:14 PM
OK I'm not getting it, wouldnt the direction of force be 180 dgs opposite to the leading edge? in that case if the leading edge is reversed but travels in the same direction (CC )as before, would the airflow not be also 180 to that?

John W Parker
01-06-2007, 7:43 PM
Neville, Picture a fan blade in your head, now flip it over. The pitch of the blade is the same. The one thing that changes is the direction of the curve if the blade is curved. This will cause a drop in air movement but not a change of direction.
Regards, John