PDA

View Full Version : Affordable bandsaw fix

Dan Drager
01-05-2007, 1:25 AM
My auction bought Taiwan 14" bandsaw has an issue that I need a little help with. The cast collar on the upper guide crumbled on me. My tool budget for the year has been used up and i need a cheap fix that will last me till next year when I plan on a new BS. Where can I get a new complete upper guide assembly for a reasonable price?

Thanks for any help.....

Mike Weaver
01-05-2007, 7:18 AM
Louis Iturra may be able to help
1-888-722-7078

In any case, get his catalog - a *GREAT* source of info on bandsaws and worth the read.

Hope that helps,
-Mike

Tyler Howell
01-05-2007, 8:27 AM
Carter guides???
All the WW resellers have them.
Another vote for Lou.
Good stuff!

Dan Drager
01-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I've got the Iturra catalog on it's way. Thanks. The Carter stuff is too exspensive for this bandsaw, but definately something I'll look at hard when I get my new BS next year.

Thanks for the help.

Jon Shively
01-05-2007, 11:26 AM
January 5th, and you have blown this year's tool budget already?
Either you need to post a picture of your new tool or get a bigger budget! grin. It is gonna be a long year for you isn't it!?

Dan Drager
01-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Yes Jon, the budget was blown by a Performax 22-44 plus. I've been putting off the gloat post. Look for it soon.

Pete Bradley
01-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Some import saws were sold under many different brands, including Grizzly. You might check the Grizzly catalog to see if you can get the part for it.

Pete

Wes Bischel
01-05-2007, 7:08 PM
Some import saws were sold under many different brands, including Grizzly. You might check the Grizzly catalog to see if you can get the part for it.

Pete

I did find a new wheel for my no-name BS a while back at Grizzly as Pete suggests. Also, post a note in the classified section. I picked up guides from someone here that upgraded to Carter guides - his were just taking up space so to speak. (thanks again Mike C.!)

Wes

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
01-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Many of the Taiwan copies are made from almost identical parts. Take a pic and send it to Grizley. Likely they have a part that will fit.