PDA

View Full Version : Desert Woodturning Roundup 2007 - Registration deadline extended.

Martin Braun
01-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Just got word from the committee tonight. Due to popular demand more space has been added. Therefore the registration deadline for the Desert Woodturning Roundup 2007 has been extended to Jan 27th. More details and online registration is available at

www.desertwoodturningroundup.com (http://www.desertwoodturningroundup.com)

If you'd like a break from the weather, Arizona is not a bad place to visit this time of year.

David Walser
01-06-2007, 9:06 AM
Someone asked on another forum, and I didn't have the answer. (I gave one anyway.) Martin, do you know how many attended last year's DWR and how many are expected at this year's edition?

Mike Vickery
01-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Not positive but according to the website they are expecting about 400 people this year. This was posted before they expended the space and moved the registration deadline.
My neighbor went last time and said it was pretty big but I have no idea on the actual attendence.

Martin Braun
01-06-2007, 1:31 PM
I just pinged the committee, but I believe last year it was something on the order of 250 people, and they maxed out the facility. Last year they actually had to limit registrations. This year, since it is at the Mesa Convention Center, they have more flexibility to expand rooms, seating for meals, etc. Part of the challenge is the last minute registrations which can really throw plans off. I heard there were some issues with the AAW symposium last year where the last minute registrations and overcrowding impacted the enjoyability. I'm pretty sure we won't have that problem with the Mesa Convention Center.

Martin Braun
01-06-2007, 3:02 PM
Just got a response back. It was 300+ last year. At present, it is hard to predict the final number this year, but it will be higher.