PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a tool Gloat!!!!

Jody Malinich
01-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Well, my Grizzly 5959Z came in yesterday. All I can say is WOW this thing is huge and heavy. I'll get more pics as I assemble it. It won't get operational for another week or so while the electrician is doing his thing. Don't mind the mess in the background. The new shop we be used as storage until the power is turned on, then I'll swap the tools over and put the mess in the garage until I have homes for all of it. So far everything on the saw has been perfect with the exception of a little paint overspray on the wings. It came off easily with a fingernail. The cosmoline was thick and none of the surfaces had any rust on them. The WD-40 made quick work of it, I let it soak for a little while and most came off with a little rubbing.

Mitchell Andrus
01-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Not bad but... I think they delivered to the wrong house. Call for my address, I'll be home this weekend.

John Schreiber
01-05-2007, 12:01 AM
That's a big saw. Let us know how you like it.

Todd Solomon
01-05-2007, 12:40 AM
That's a real beauty, Jody. Congratulations. Looks like quite a capable saw. I've heard excellent reviews of Grizzly cabinet saws, this ex-large model ought to gobble up everything you throw at it. If it's anything like my Grizzly jointer, you're gonna love it.

Todd

Don Bullock
01-07-2007, 9:52 PM
Congratulations. Yo never have to apologise for the mess in the background. Most of us have been there.;) :D

Jim Becker
01-07-2007, 9:58 PM
Hmm...that's not going to blow away in the wind! Congrats on your new saw!

(The old saw in the background sure doesn't look like it's smiling... :D :D :D)

Jody Malinich
01-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys. I actually have gotten it all together and all the measurements checked out good right out of the crate. I was going to wait for the electrician to finish the wiring up in the new shop before messing with it, But that lasted about 5 minutes after I busted the crate open. :D Well once I checked all the measurements I thought 'Geez wouldn't it be nice to see if it actually runs' So off to town I went and quite a few $$$ later I came home with 30' of heavy electrical wire and a couple of 30A 250V recepticle/plugs and viola we have power. I had seen a bunch of videos of guys "doing" the nickel test so I figured I should join the bandwagon. Placed the nickel there (on edge of course) and fired it up for the first time. First impression was how much quieter it is than any other saw that I have had. Oh yeah the nickel stayed put with not even a shiver when the saw started up. Since I had a 12" plywood blade installed (only blade that had a 1" arbor hole) I grabbed a piece of ply and zipped it through, nice clean cut but had a little bit of chipping on the bottom side, I'll put the zero clearance insert on it later and see if that does the trick. Plywood being hardly a test for this saw I decided to change the arbor out with the included 5/8" and put a rippin' blade on there. Went through 3/4 oak, cherry and walnut like a hot knife through butter. So I upped the ante a little and broke out some 6/4 walnut and cherry that I need to make a couple chest bases out of. I do believe the saw was actually laughing at me and as I walked out the door I thought I heard it say "Is that all you got?" I did install the 37" X 48" flip up roller outfeed table, works great and wasn't all that hard to install. The blade gaurd is adequate but I think I'll opt to put an a different style guard on in the near future. This would make doing dados alot easier not having to remove the guard everytime. All in all a pleasant experience. I grab a few more pics tonight with the outfeed rollers attached.

Jody