PDA

View Full Version : Saving Power/Speed Settings

David Sabot
01-04-2007, 4:05 PM
Is there a way to save the power and speed settings in a corel file so I don't have to change them whenever I open a template?

Mike Null
01-04-2007, 4:10 PM
What kind of machine do you have?

David Sabot
01-04-2007, 4:13 PM
Mercury 25W

Carol VanArnam
01-04-2007, 9:48 PM
David- i did this exact thing last night. It's taken me 1 1/2 years to figure this little secret out. Not sure if i just want to tell you all that fast.... LOL.

Do you use corel 12? the place to make the setting change is not in the corel settings because they won't stick. you need to go to your windows start button, settings, printers-faxes, find the name of your printer (laser) listed on the screen. click 1x on the printer for your laser. then right click your mouse. click on properties for that printer. click the tab marked general. then click printing preferences (lower right corner). make your changes and hit "apply" then ok.

you are done....
then go to corel and your new permanent settings are there.... you owe me a pound of chocolate for this answer.....

Vicky Orsini
01-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Carol, changing the settings within the print driver from the Windows Start/settings/printers selection will change the settings for all time, which is great if you want to change a default to read the same thing every time you open a new file (eg. permanently enabling the SmartAct feature).

However, if you're wanting to save individual power/speed settings for each template, you have to do that within the print driver when you send the job to print. I don't have my screen open before me, so bear with me here. I believe it's on the first tab, where you select Black & White or Manual Color Fill, etc... On the right-hand side, you can save jobs in a list at the bottom of that screen.

I hope this really bad explanation helps a little.

Carol VanArnam
01-05-2007, 12:47 AM
David and Vicki-

She is correct- if you just want to save the settings for that one file you need to follow her instructions. I thought you meant save the settings so all files came up with the same default settings so you didn't have to change the file every time.

So David- try it both ways we are both correct it's just a matter of what you wanted.... PS- you still owe me a pound of chocolate

Pete Andrew
01-05-2007, 5:08 AM
Yes David - save the settings for each job on that first tab of the mercury printer properties.... ie send job to printer, choose properties and voila - choose the settings on the other tabs and then come back and save them on this front tab. I don't know about you but I also write them down as I experiment on each material, so I can refer back if necessary. Paper tends to get lost in my workshop; I would use a spreadsheet but curiously mine doesn't function when my mercury driver is installed on my laptop (I never found out why...), so i use a program called Essential PIM (Google it and you're there) which is one of those calendar, notes,addressbook free programs. I can record all I want in it and refer to that as I go. I remember hearing somewhere that the settings saved in the Mercury perameters can be deleted when you upgrade drivers, so i always have this back up info going on.

David Sabot
01-08-2007, 9:49 PM
Thanks to the help of you wonderful members I was able to save the settings for power and speed and it works perfectly. What a timesaver. Thanks again!

Brent Vander Weil
01-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Is it the same on Epilog... I haven't dug in too deep, but it would be awsome to attach settings to all of the templates I use...