PDA

View Full Version : SketchUp model based on Dave's demo

John Schreiber
01-04-2007, 9:24 AM
Here's a zipped version of the armoire which I drew in SketchUp based on this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=43655

Marion Rood
01-07-2007, 6:02 PM
All I get is computer stuff, no download of file. Am I the only one?
Thanks,
Marion

Dave Richards
01-07-2007, 6:04 PM
Marion, the zip file downloads correctly for me and the SKP file inside opens fine in SketchUp. You do have to have SketchUp on your computer to be able to view the file.

Marion Rood
01-07-2007, 7:18 PM
Nope, I re-booted and I get the same stuff. I have a zip program, and I have the goggle sketch-up.
I will try other computer and see what happens.
Thanks,
Marion

John Schreiber
01-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Marion, I'm using Firefox and when I click on the file name I get a bunch of gobbledygook too.

What works for me is to right click on it and ask it to "Save Link As . . ." then tell it I want it to be named something.zip (where "something" is whatever name you choose), then it downloads to my PC and I can open the zip and see the file inside.

I'm not sure why it is so complicated.

Michael Cody
01-08-2007, 12:41 PM
John & Marion... I too have issues with saving or viewing the Zips in Firefox 2.x ... not sure why yet, but when I do a save link -- it defaults to PHP which means when you click on it .. firefox assumes it's web page and opens it. When I override the file name to a zip, it's fine. Not sure why this is happening but I will let everyone know if I find out. Or if anyone else has fixed this I would glad to know.

Marion Rood
01-08-2007, 6:02 PM
Yes, I use Firefox. I was able to open file. The armoire looks like it will be beautiful. I am still taking little begining steps with sketchup so all of the help I've gotten here has been great.

Thanks,
Marion

Dick Heifner
02-06-2007, 7:48 PM
Hi,
All I get is the small red X"S and no pictures??
Dick

Jon Fowler
02-07-2007, 7:10 AM
Nice SU drawing John. I downloaded with IE7 and viewed with SU 6 with no problems.

Dennis Peacock
02-07-2007, 8:29 AM
Looks really nice to me John. Good Job!!!!! :D

Quesne Ouaques
03-25-2007, 1:13 PM
John:

When I click on your cabinet plans, I get the following message. I've tried several methods, but it always gives me this same result.

Do I need special permission to download this kind of stuff? Any help would be appreciated!

Quesne Ouaques, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

John Schreiber
03-25-2007, 2:34 PM
The stickey post at the top of the Project Plans Forum explains. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=44037