PDA

View Full Version : Any Creekers planning on attending the DWR?

David Walser
01-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Are any of you Creekers planning on attending the 2007 Desert Woodturning Roundup (February 9 - 11, in Mesa, Arizona)? (http://www.desertwoodturningroundup.com/index.htm for information on the symposium.)

The reason I ask is because a turner from Florida is trying to set up a wood exchange and I thought others might want to participate. If there's enough interest, I thought we could try to arrange to meet somewhere Friday afternoon on the 9th. (Registration starts Friday at noon. The instant gallery and the vendors will be open that afternoon. The first demonstrations will be Saturday morning.) In addition to swapping wood, we could swap stories (true and less so), and perhaps break bread together.

Any interest?

Mike Vickery
01-04-2007, 2:53 AM
Not sure about the wood exchange but I am registered and will be attending. I do not know if I cam make it on Fri but I am definately going to be their Sat and Sun.

Kevin McPeek
01-04-2007, 8:53 AM
I don't have a lot of wood to trade, just some smallish pieces of local mesquite. I'll probably check in on Friday late afternoon after I get out of work, but keep us posted on your plans.
If I were you I would register ahead of time, last year they had to turn people away and I think they are getting close to capacity again. I think this years larger venue will help that but I wouldn't take any chances.