PDA

View Full Version : Look Up!!

Robert Mickley
01-03-2007, 9:14 PM
Especially when your unhooking a chain from the forks on the front of the loader. I stepped up on the trailer hitch today to unhook the log bunk and POW, right on the forehead. so I'm nursing a nice headache tonight.

Just remember you can get hurt anytime. Usualy when you least expect it.

Charles McKinley
01-03-2007, 11:03 PM
What did ya go and do that for?!?

Heal up quick. You have a really big table to build.

Robert Mickley
01-03-2007, 11:13 PM
What did ya go and do that for?!?

because I'm not to bright:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
01-04-2007, 9:53 AM
Having recently, umm...nearly impaled...my head on the corner of a square duct in our basement...I feel for you! Ouch!

Jason Roehl
01-04-2007, 7:54 PM
One of my worst was ducking through a doorway while wearing stilts, only to stand back up directly into a light fixture--shattered the diffuser and both bulbs, and left a few red drips on the floor.

That's just one injury story--I wouldn't be here today if I didn't have such a hard head.

Ben Grunow
01-04-2007, 8:50 PM
Not sure if you guys were but I never wear a brimmed hat for this reason (on the job or in workshop). The brim takes away your vision above you-like peripheral vision but upwards. I have a guy that works for me and wears a baseball cap and he must hit his head every day. THought I'd pass that along.

In my experience this is not the case for all hat wearers but a select few-usually identified as the ones with bumpy heads.

W Craig Wilson
01-04-2007, 9:04 PM
Worst head bump I know of was a fellow USAF Technical Instructor. He was doing a walk-around of an A-10 with a group of brand new crew-chiefs (APG Mechanics). He was deep into the show-and-tell, pointing out all of the hazards when he came up into one of the nastier ones - a small drain tube, about 1/4" diameter, cut at a 60 degree angle. Took eight stitches to close the head wound. The wound to his ego never did heal.

Gary Herrmann
01-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Try being 6'7" and living in an old house where the joists in your basement shop are 2" over your head and the I beams and a lot of the ducting are eyebrow level.

I wear a baseball hat just to avoid the skinned scalp sensation when I don't duck quite enough. Ugh.