PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Frank!

Pete Jordan
01-03-2007, 5:26 PM
Thanks for the light idea! I can see better than before and the light is out of the way. Now I can see how hard this oak end grain really is.

Frank Kobilsek
01-03-2007, 5:55 PM
Your welcome Pete, When I write my book I'll have to remember to include that tip.

That's aweful pretty machine you got there. Maybe next year. I've already got two 'bonus-able' orders this year (yep, second working day of the year) that will cover a nice order of mustard. Trouble is that check won't come until February 2008.

My sincere apologies to those retired Creekers, soiling this special place with work related gloating. Its just been a good couple days. Oh yeh the day boss ask me for 10 nice stoppers for client gifts and my crooked stock broker nephew called wanting 10 high end pens for his clients. I am a selling machine! It's gonna be a good year.

Frank

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Lookin' Good, Pete.

That's the lathe I had to turn down in November. Just to heavy to lug down to the basement and TOO BIG!!!

Bruce

Steve Schlumpf
01-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Frank, I also wanted to thank you for the hanging light idea! Went to put the cage on my 1642 and found that I had it placed to close to the back wall to allow the cage to lock in the top position. Have 7 bags of concrete in box under the bed and had to resort to grabbing the tire jack off my truck in order to move it out away from the wall. Now to make a trip to Menards and pick up some sort of light fixture for the cage. Should work great - thanks again - and congrats on all your sales so far this year!

Jim Becker
01-04-2007, 9:43 AM
The next light you want to add is one that will help when hollowing, umm....hollowforms... ;)

Doug Collins
01-04-2007, 9:56 AM
I salvaged some old track lighting that was going into the trash the other day and mounted that above my work bench and lathe area. With two of the floods on either side of my lathe pointing in at the work area, I found it really eliminates the shadow lines. I can also turn them and point them in other directions if I need to.

Can't have too much light...