PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Laser Trac™ Level

Bruce Page
11-16-2003, 1:06 PM
I’ve been looking around for a cheap laser level and stumbled on this. It seems to have all the functions that I need – it can be hand held, wall-mounted, leveled on a horizontal surface or mounted on a tripod and it’s in my price range at only $40.

Does anybody have one of these & what is your opinion on it?

Thanks

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00948247000

Tony Falotico
11-16-2003, 7:04 PM
Hey Bruce, no I don't have one but been looking at the straight line laser at Lowe's for about the same price. I'm still skeptical of these units, the Sears link you posted states Measuring Tool Accuracy +/- 1/2 in. at 30 ft. That don't seem real good to me. The straight line measuring laser claims +- 4" at 50 ft. That sure don't seem real good to me. I almost bought one Friday night at Lowe's, instead I got a $4 chalk line. Not as high tech but it worked. Anyway, I too would be interested if anybody has one, I do love high tech gizmo's.

Paul Kunkel
11-16-2003, 7:15 PM
Measuring Tool Accuracy +/- 1/2 in. at 30 ft. That don't seem real good to me. The straight line measuring laser claims +- 4" at 50 ft. That sure don't seem real good to me.

You get what you pay for------- I couldn't work with any less than 1/4" at 100 feet and I can get that with a 30 YO transit. The pricier laser levels with targets do work and I even got to do a sewerline - heavy equipment blade mounted one set to 2* ! That unit was $11,000.......