PDA

View Full Version : The Woodworking Shows

Mike Mortenson
01-03-2007, 2:04 PM
The Woodworking show is coming to kansas City soon and I was wondering whats the latest and greatest products are that they have at the shows this year? Anyone been to one in the last couple months? I try to go every year.

Scott Coffelt
01-03-2007, 2:07 PM
Me too, to every year, hope the KC show is better this year as it was horrid last year. Though I spent most of the time at the LN booth.

John Terefenko
01-03-2007, 5:50 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Woodworking shows are coming to New Jersey this year???? I heard last year they were not. We used to get 2 .

Irvin Cooper
01-03-2007, 6:47 PM
Where do you guys find out about the shows? I never hear of them until after the fact on here, usually in a "you should have been there" message....

Irv

Sam Chambers
01-03-2007, 7:03 PM
Where do you guys find out about the shows? I never hear of them until after the fact on here, usually in a "you should have been there" message....

Irv
http://thewoodworkingshows.com/

Steve Clardy
01-03-2007, 9:36 PM
I've hit the KC show 16 years in a row now. Collinsville IL. show the last two years.

Both were not great as Scott says. Low dealer attendance.

Hopefully they will be better this year

Nancy Laird
01-03-2007, 9:51 PM
I'd like to know why they don't do one in Albuquerque. There are TONS of woodworkers in New Mexico, and Denver and Phoenix are too far to go for a one-day romp through a show. Don't they believe that New Mexico is a part of the U.S. :( :( :(

By the way, I have sent an e-mail to them asking this same question. Wonder what response I'll get. :confused:

Nancy

Bruce Wrenn
01-03-2007, 10:49 PM
They have a set of criteria for locating shows. This year, there isn't one in NC. Normally there is one in Charlotte. One year they had one in Winston Salem in fall. Wake Forest, Duke, UNC, and NC State had home games that weekend. Also there was a FREE airshow at airport. Wonder why attendance was low? At two o'clock on Sat afternoon, you could sail a quarter down the hall, and only hit a vendor. One in Greensboro in mid May had similar results. Also, they had one in Columbia SC two weeks before Charlotte show once. The availability of online sales has really hurt them. One of the larger "trinket vendors" closed due to health reasons. We have a commercial show in Feb. in Greensboro that is no where as large as it used to be either. Freebees don't even exist anymore. Scan your badge and send you some flyers.

Steve Roxberg
01-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Me too, to every year, hope the KC show is better this year as it was horrid last year. Though I spent most of the time at the LN booth.

I heard a rumor that Overland Tool would be back at the show this year. That would add another vendor, although I always went to their building and sale anyway.

Scott Coffelt
01-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Steve,

That is interesting, but I really like having it in their place.... especially the free lunch :D .

I know it got way too expensive for them the last time as they needed so much space, maybe they feel they will get more traffic this way.

Anyways, I know I talked to a guy at the place last year and he said the person who organized the KC show last year messes it up and that caused most vendors to bow out, hoping it can get back to what it used to be like. I'd like the Logasol guy there, that was worth the price of the ticket to watch him wrestle a log into place. The deals just ain't that great anymore, so its the demos that have to make it worth while and of course time with friends.

Not too much farther away though.... who's organizing breakfest this year?

Roy Wall
01-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey Scott,

LN will NOT be in KC this year.......or STL..........

Why will I even go now.....???:eek: :eek: :confused:

Steve Clardy
01-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Steve,

That is interesting, but I really like having it in their place.... especially the free lunch :D .

I know it got way too expensive for them the last time as they needed so much space, maybe they feel they will get more traffic this way.

Anyways, I know I talked to a guy at the place last year and he said the person who organized the KC show last year messes it up and that caused most vendors to bow out, hoping it can get back to what it used to be like. I'd like the Logasol guy there, that was worth the price of the ticket to watch him wrestle a log into place. The deals just ain't that great anymore, so its the demos that have to make it worth while and of course time with friends.

Not too much farther away though.... who's organizing breakfest this year?

Bill gonna head it up again?

Steve Clardy
01-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey Scott,

LN will NOT be in KC this year.......or STL..........

Why will I even go now.....???:eek: :eek: :confused:

No LN:confused: :(

Roy. Who's STL:confused:

Roy Wall
01-04-2007, 10:56 AM
No LN:confused: :(

Roy. Who's STL:confused:

Steve - LN will not be in St. Louis either!! YIKES!!!! I'd drive there in a heartbeat.......

I started fishing around the LN Site and the WW shows site for the schedule.......and conspicuiously noticed KC and STL were not on the schedule.......so I emailed LN.

Bad news!!!!

I'll still go........we all meeting for breakfast on Saturday AM??

Steve Clardy
01-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Steve - LN will not be in St. Louis either!! YIKES!!!! I'd drive there in a heartbeat.......

I started fishing around the LN Site and the WW shows site for the schedule.......and conspicuiously noticed KC and STL were not on the schedule.......so I emailed LN.

Bad news!!!!

I'll still go........we all meeting for breakfast on Saturday AM??

Real Bummer on LN

Yes on the breakfast. I'll get ahold of Bill

I will make the KC show for sure. But not sure about the Collinsville show.
Shop roof has kinda took a toll on my tool budget for the next year

Greg Narozniak
01-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Woodworking shows are coming to New Jersey this year???? I heard last year they were not. We used to get 2 .

Yup, In February. I will be there

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/somerset

Jim Becker
01-04-2007, 1:19 PM
There is a second show in NJ, more geared to pro, however:

Mar 29-30 TSI

Mid-Atlantic Industrial Woodworking Expo
New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center
97 Sunfield Avenue, Edison, New Jersey 08837
Phone (732) 417-1400
Fax (732) 417-1414

This is the one that I'll likely visit if I get the opportunity as my Mini Max friends will be there.

Randal Stevenson
01-04-2007, 2:47 PM
I think they have downgraded the website, as well. I seem to remember being able to easily find out who the vendors were for a particular show, a lot easier then I can now.

Chuck Saunders
01-04-2007, 2:55 PM
Don't they believe that New Mexico is a part of the U.S. :( :( :(
Nancy
When I lived in Albuquerque I got the feeling that the rest of the country thought Arizona butted up to Texas. Of course that was 30 years ago.
Chuck

Calvin Hobbs
01-04-2007, 3:26 PM
Let me know when and where breakfast is because I just might be in KC on the 3rd.... Would be great to meet some Creekers.

Cal

Scott Coffelt
01-04-2007, 4:46 PM
It will be on Saturday, at least it has been in the past, somewhere around 8-8:30, venture to guess it will be at LePeeps on College and Metcalf.

Steve Clardy
01-08-2007, 6:17 PM
I finally found, got ahold of Bill Wards email address, and have been in contact with him.
He is checking on table space for breakfast saturday morning at LePeep's there just off Metcalf Avenue.

So anyone that wants to attend the breakfast before going to the KC Kansas woodworking show [last one in the door pays the bill :eek: ;) just kidding] , email or pm me and I'll tell Bill to put you on the list. He will need a close head count to reserve table space.
Last year there were around 20 in attendance, from 3-4 different wood forums.
February 2-3-4th

Steve

Fred Giordano
01-08-2007, 7:24 PM
There's a show in Somerset, NJ Feb.16, 17 and 18

Darren Landis
01-09-2007, 1:16 PM
I went to the one in Baltimore,Md this past weekend it was bigger than i thought it would be.I blew my chance to buy a Brand new Jet mini VS lathe for 275.00,after i got home a new i blew it.I think i'm going to the one in Somerset.

Steve Clardy
01-09-2007, 1:34 PM
It will be on Saturday, at least it has been in the past, somewhere around 8-8:30, venture to guess it will be at LePeeps on College and Metcalf.

Yes. 8:00 sharp for breakfast at LePeeps. :D

Terry Hatfield
01-10-2007, 7:18 AM
Yes. 8:00 sharp for breakfast at LePeeps. :D

I'll be there with bells on...OK....well... I'll be there anyhow. :D

t

Steve Clardy
01-10-2007, 9:58 AM
I'll be there with bells on...OK....well... I'll be there anyhow. :D

t

Bells:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Gregg Mason
02-15-2007, 6:16 PM
Anyone going to the Somerset show Tomorrow ? (Friday)

Jim Becker
02-15-2007, 6:33 PM
I'm going to have to skip Somerset this year due to other committments, Gregg, but will be trying to do the Mid-Atlantic Expo 'end of March in Edison as a substitute if my work travel schedule doesn't interfere. (That's a Thursday-Friday pro show)

jim gossage
02-15-2007, 6:53 PM
i'm usually pretty good with acronyms, but what does LN stand for? Laguna?

Steve Clardy
02-15-2007, 7:07 PM
i'm usually pretty good with acronyms, but what does LN stand for? Laguna?

Lie-Neilson Hand Planes:)

Don Bullock
02-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm planning to go to ehr WoodWorks show in Ontario, California on Friday, Feb. 23rd. It will be my first WW show, so I'm excited.