PDA

View Full Version : Salt shaker, Confetti Candle

Glenn Hodges
01-03-2007, 6:51 AM
My puter had been down for about 2 weeks sorry to hear about Andys problem when i was able to get back on line. I am listing a wild black cherry salt shaker with abalone shell inlay which has a handle. It is finished with lacquer, let cure for a day, then buffed. A lady said she had a handle like that on her kitchen drawers, and I replied that we must shop at the same hardware store. It is about 6 inches tall and 3 inches wide.
The confetti candle is only about 5 inches wide X 2 inches tall and finished with lacquer also. It is made from camphor. Thanks for letting me show off my work.

Mike Ramsey
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Glenn, great pieces! My favorite is the salt shaker.
By the way I read your tip in the AAW mag about cleaning
your chuck by soaking it in Acetone, so do I need to remove
the jaws first or just drop the whole thing in?

John Hart
01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Nicely done Glenn. I like the salt shaker A LOT. I'm a salt-a-holic and like the idea of a handle....not to mention that it's a beautiful piece!:)

David Fried
01-03-2007, 1:36 PM
But where do I get wild black cherry salt ??:D

I like them both! I like the idea of using an off the shelf handle
especially if it matches my kitchen hardware!

The light is really pretty - I've never seen champhor wood.

Ed Scolforo
01-03-2007, 1:45 PM
Nicely done, Glenn. I particularly like the salt shaker.

Jon Shively
01-03-2007, 2:45 PM
My wife collects salt and pepper shakers. That is one nice shaker, am keeping this in the back of my mind for her next birthday! Great pieces.

Steve Schlumpf
01-03-2007, 2:51 PM
Nice job Glenn! Really like the abalone shell inlay - very different!

Camphor light has a really nice form and beautiful grain. Nice work on both!

Glenn Hodges
01-03-2007, 4:59 PM
Mike, I drop the whole chuck into the can. Sometimes I let it soak overnight. Before I returned from the shop this afternoon I put my glasses into the can with the acetone in it, and then used a Viva paper towell to rub the old glue off the lens. If you guys have not tried the Viva paper towells give them a try, they are the best for the shop being soft, tough, and really absorbant.....naw, I don't own any stock in the company, but it might be worth looking into. I appreciate your positive and kind comments about my work, thanks everyone.

Keith Burns
01-03-2007, 5:19 PM
Glenn, great work as usual. :) :)