PDA

View Full Version : My Boss Is Baaaaaaaaaddddddd!!!!!

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
About four weeks ago, I noticed that Nova was coming out with a NEW Lathe
#16-2444. 16" swing over the bed and 24" max when the drive head is pivoted outboard. Low speed 214 rpm. High speed 3600 rpm.

I immediately got two-inch-itus. I guess it was 4/12"-itus. I started with a Jet Mini 10" swing, then last year upgraded to a Rikon mini 12" swing. Was looking for something in a 14" when I saw this.

Now, why my boss is BAD! Last week, AFTER I worked on Tuesday, we got our first one in. He IMMEDIATELY put it together so that I would see it when I came in today. He KNEW he was going to HOOK me........................... and he did! NASTY him! LOML already ok'd the deal!

Before the end of the month, I will own one of these! Of course that means I have a Rikon for sale. It has 12 months on it and Still running great! Anyone in the neighborhood of Peoria, Illinois want it, email or pm me and we can talk!

Bruce;)

Ken Fitzgerald
01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey Bruce...........Quit your whining! This a semi-gloat.........no photos.........

Mike Ramsey
01-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Then Christmas is only a month away! Congratulations Bruce.

Steve Schlumpf
01-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Congrats - looking forward to the pictures!

Jim Becker
01-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Interesting approach to a GLOAT! (Congrats, Bruce!)

Jon Shively
01-02-2007, 11:00 PM
How much will it take to take this lathe off of your hands. Remember now, you are stepping up in the world and need to make room, wouldn't want your shop to be "cramped". Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

George Tokarev
01-03-2007, 7:18 AM
Remember now, you are stepping up in the world and need to make room, wouldn't want your shop to be "cramped".

Nice thing about the standard length setup is that the footprint is only a touch over 4' including motor overhang. Not sure what the factory stand requires, but that'd be gone quickly. My cramped shop has the motor swinging over the top of another cabinet, and just enough tabletop to ensure I can remove the tailstock safely without it going directly to the floor on the other.

Charles McKinley
01-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Congrats Bruce,

I suggest you stay far away from anyplace that would hace a Stubby or a Vega set up to avoid exposure to the allergen you have such a nasty reaction to! :D

John Hart
01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I suggest you stay far away from anyplace that would hace a Stubby or a Vega set up to avoid exposure to the allergen you have such a nasty reaction to! :D

That's what I was thinking! If you know someone who is having trouble selling their lathe...tell them to just wheel it past Bruce's house...he'll catch the fever and.....presto!!

Congratulations Bruce!!:)

Mark Pruitt
01-03-2007, 1:43 PM
If you know someone who is having trouble selling their lathe...tell them to just wheel it past Bruce's house...he'll catch the fever and.....presto!!

I have a non-functioning HF lathe that would cure that! Anybody want it? Didn't think so....:rolleyes:

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-03-2007, 4:00 PM
I am having to find a place for the Nova. You must remember that the production area is only 10' X 11' . I turned down a Powermatic worth 3k selling for 1999. It was Brand NEW. It weighted too much to horse it into the basement and too large to fit.

I'm pretty sure this is the Last one. Just thinking about placing a chunk of wood 24" in diameter on it and spinnin' it has me shakin' in my boots.

Bruce

PS: I've seen both the Stubby and Vega - Both great lathes, but , not for me.

Steve LaFara
01-03-2007, 6:21 PM
Sooooooo, how much for the Rikon?????

Jon Shively
01-03-2007, 6:30 PM
Bruce, did you get my PM? Would you be interested in meeting me in the Menard's parking lot in Bourbannai, Illinois? I assume there is nothing wrong with it and you are selling because of the new find. If so, and you would meet me, will take it.

Bob Hallowell
01-03-2007, 7:19 PM
Congrads Bruce.
I was waiting on that lathe to come out and I was going to buy it. But I got a differnet one instead cause of price, IT WAS MUCH EASIER to get the wife to say yes!

Bob