PDA

View Full Version : David and Goliath....Not a religious statement....

Ken Fitzgerald
01-02-2007, 8:42 PM
Yesterday I didn't do much.....Baby sat the great granddaughter and visited with my oldest son and his wife.

In the pre-game show for the Fiesta bowl....the announcers kept making the David and Goliath comparison between the Boise State Broncos and the Oklahoma Sooners....One announcer even asked.."Where's Boise, Idaho?"....It was interesting and I kept telling my wife.....Boise State averages 39.4 points per game....and these announcers keep forgetting who won in the original David and Goliath confrontation......

It was ironic to hear their shock when Boise State won that game. It was IMHO one of the wildest and most exciting bowl games I've ever seen.......I'm not a Boise State alumnai nor a regular fan......But it sure was a heck of a football game!

Ron Jones near Indy
01-02-2007, 8:56 PM
Ken,
That was a great game. Naturally I fell asleep on it but I did see the final few minutes and the OT. It had everything you expect in a good football game plus romance after the OT. What more could one ask for?:D

Bill Turpin
01-02-2007, 9:57 PM
This has been one of the best bowl seasons in years. Usually most of the games are pretty crummy. It was a wonderful game. Even my Seminoles won.

Bill in WNC mountains

Clint Jones
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
IMHO Boise State is a much better team than Oklahoma. They have an explosive high scoring offense and a good defense. Oklahoma is way too overrated they are not that good.

Curt Fuller
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Ken, I agree that was one of the best games I've ever watched.

Martin Shupe
01-03-2007, 12:58 AM
The hook and lateral and statue of liberty trick plays were both superbly executed. It was a fantastic finish to an excellent game.