PDA

View Full Version : Board Buddies

chris fox
01-02-2007, 7:52 PM
Happy New Year!
My wife bought BB for me for Christmas on her own, I was quite impressed! I feel good she bought me something relating to safety vs. a massive TS blade:D I have done a search on these with good input. I havent even taken them out of the box and wnt until the weekend, but spending alittle time reviewing the post on these I am not sure about something.
How do you push wood through w/o walking around and pulling it through?? Am I missing something. Until I spend more time looking at them can someone explain for me?

Thanks...
Chris

Al Killian
01-02-2007, 8:01 PM
BB are exellent for keeping the boards tight to the fence and preventing kick back. As far as feeding a board thru, feed it thru as normal. When I had my TS before it died, I used a piece of 3/4 ply about 8" long and 5" with a lip(1/4) on the back to push the boards thru.The BB are adjutable so you can set how close they are to the fence and how much force is applied downward. Congrats on the gift.

Joe Mioux
01-02-2007, 8:55 PM
Use one on the backside of the blade.

Mark Singer
01-02-2007, 9:42 PM
use both for dados and grooves to apply downward pressure insuring an even depth cut. Use only one for normal ripping with the yellow wheel bearing on the piece of wood against the fence. If the BB is set about 3 " behind the blade it is easy to push through...

Here is a great review by Roy Wall with pics

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=48448&highlight=board+buddies

chris fox
01-03-2007, 12:40 AM
thanks for the input. I will look at all of these options to see what works the best.