PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0513X arrived today

Alex Berkovsky
01-02-2007, 6:39 PM
This was an upgrade from a 14" Harbor Freight BS. I'll tell you that it was a PITA to get it off the crate and onto the mobile base by myself. I still have to get the gummed up cosmoline off the table and screw it to the BS. I know you all like pictures as proof. :D

Don Bullock
01-02-2007, 6:51 PM
Very nice. You will be able to do some serious work with it. Congratulations on your new saw.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-02-2007, 7:09 PM
Alex........Later this year I'll be buying my first b/s and this one is on the short list along with the Grizzley 19" Extreme. Please keep us posted on you opinion of it! Congrats!

John Bailey
01-02-2007, 7:42 PM
Lookin' good Alex.

John

Scott Halverson
01-02-2007, 8:09 PM
Alex,

Great looking saw! I just had my order confirmed today. Should have a ship date within 48 hours.

Did you notice the saw jumped in price today to $975 + shipping?

What kind of a mobile base do you have under yours. Did you have to add a spacer on top of the base?

Scott

Alex Berkovsky
01-02-2007, 8:24 PM
Alex,

Great looking saw! I just had my order confirmed today. Should have a ship date within 48 hours.

Did you notice the saw jumped in price today to $975 + shipping?

What kind of a mobile base do you have under yours. Did you have to add a spacer on top of the base?

ScottScott,
I didn't notice the price increase... but did expect it to go up as of New Year. I had this (http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5114) mobile base sitting under the table saw which I never moved so I just used it for the BS. I didn't have to add the spacer, but the swivel casters had to be on the side of the motor as you can see in the picture.

Craig Stueve
01-02-2007, 8:55 PM

Scott

Scott,

I used the Shop Fox base that is recommended in the Grizzly catalog. And yes I had to add a 3/4 piece of plywood under the saw. Even with that I had to file a small amount off the top of one of the bolts holding the wheel in place to get clearance for the lower door.

Craig

Eric Stiles
01-02-2007, 9:56 PM
I missed this on the Grizzly site before the price increase. Fortunately, Amazon was a couple hours behind on the update. It jumpstarted my decision to buy and I am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new 815X. I was deciding between this and an 18" Delta refurb for near the same price. I decided to go with the Grizzly based upon all the positive reviews I read here. Thanks. Oh, and the best thing is if I don't like it I can feel a little better by blaming all of you. :D

Scott Halverson
01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, I didn't order the mobile base. I'll try to find one locally.

Thanks for the help!

Alex Berkovsky
01-03-2007, 2:40 PM
I had to rewire the BS for 110V... Grizzly recommends to buy a NEMA 5-30 plug for 110V. What exactly is does NEMA 5-30 stand for and does BORG sells it?

Google is my friend... Google is my friend... Google is my friend... Google is my friend... :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEMA_connector

Mark Rios
01-03-2007, 2:47 PM
Here is this also....

http://www.answers.com/topic/nema-connectors

Rod Sheridan
01-03-2007, 2:50 PM
The NEMA 5-30 is a 30 ampere, 120 volt straight blade device (Non locking).

You should be able to purchase a receptacle and a cord cap (plug) at any of the larger home centers.

regards, Rod.

Rob Diz
01-03-2007, 5:43 PM
Were you able to pull the BS off of the crate onto the mobile base by rocking it forward, or did you use another method?

I'll be unloading one by myself, so any tips would be helpful.

My unit won't ship for another month. I thought I could deal with the wait, but now I seem to have problems. It seems everything I want to do now involves a nice tall resaw.

Enjoy the saw - I'm green with envy.

Jake Helmboldt
01-03-2007, 6:13 PM
Rob, it isn't hard to "walk" it off the pallet, especially since the table is not mounted. Just don't strain yourself and take your time.

I used a couple scraps of wood to transition from the pallet so I didn't scrape up the bottom.

Jake

glenn bradley
01-03-2007, 7:08 PM
Looking good Alex. Keep us posted on your thoughts and experience with the new saw. . . you lucky dog!

Alex Berkovsky
01-03-2007, 9:10 PM
Rob, it isn't hard to "walk" it off the pallet, especially since the table is not mounted. Just don't strain yourself and take your time.

I used a couple scraps of wood to transition from the pallet so I didn't scrape up the bottom.

JakeRob,
Like Jake said, "walk" the BS and take your time. I had my son support it so that it did not tip over since the mobile base was lower than the pallet.