PDA

View Full Version : Workshop pictures

Ron Chamberlin
01-02-2007, 12:32 PM
HI
Just finished reorganizing my wookshop/lathe center/garage and took a few pictures. I put them on my website, so you can see them there if you are interested.
Thanks for looking!
Doc Ron
http://www.rchamberlin.com/shop/shop.html

Jon Shively
01-02-2007, 5:39 PM
Very nice Ron. I am in a two car garage at the moment and am moving to one end of the barn next summer. Glad this has been a warmer than normal winter as the vehicles are out for the season! I have always been leery of posting my pictures on the internet of my shop thinking it makes it easier for thieves. Any concern on your part as to this?

Lisa Gilbert
01-02-2007, 6:03 PM
My husband is bringing home our new lathe tonight, the same one you have, and we're trying to figure out how to arrange the shop / garage. I see you have your lathe snug up against the wall. It appears that is a good arrangement for you. Is there any disadvantage to having it up against the wall? We'd be able to put ours in a similar spot with minimal shifting of the dust collector and the band saw

Jim Dunn
01-02-2007, 9:08 PM
Re-think putting it right against a wall. Long handled bowl gouges can reach the wall if the lathe is too close. How do I know this you may ask, but I'm not tellin on myself:)

Lisa Gilbert
01-02-2007, 9:25 PM
Jim, thanks for the heads up. My husband wants to put it in front of the garage door (but not that close), instead. That way, when it's sunny and warm, I can let the lathe toss stuff off at the neighbor. For some reason, he doesn't want it in front of the big window in his shop! :p