PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Frank Kobilsek
01-02-2007, 9:32 AM
Good Morning,

I had the pleasure of hosting Ken Fitzgerald from Idaho in my Mendota IL shop on Friday the 29th. Ken is definately abyserated! We had a great day, turned a plate and a couple stoppers. Mostly talked about 'this or that' turning. He was tempting me with the skew. I am going to have to learn that thing eventually.

Ken thanks for coming and heres the pict.

Frank

Jim Becker
01-02-2007, 9:37 AM
'Nothing like a 'Creeker visit to get you going! And Ken is "prime time"... :D

Mark Pruitt
01-02-2007, 9:57 AM
Great gloat! Ken's always talking about being "green with envy," and now I'm the envious one!

Your picture also provides a great suggestion for putting that crazy wire cage to good use! It looks like a great place to mount a work light.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Frank..........It was, indeed, my pleasure and I learned a lot! Folks Frank turns some extremely beautiful work...makes a mean sandwich and hey...we discussed politics, religion and I got out of there without a fist fight!:rolleyes: Frank turned a beautiful curly maple wedding gift platter and I learned a lot and got some neat ideas! Seriously he's a talented turner and fantastic host! Enjoyed my visit and I learned a lot! Thanks for a great time Frank!

BTW Frank........Saturday morning in Odell Illinois at my sister's place...my BIL gave me a beautiful piece of locust burl....knarly, knobby dry piece of burl....So....if I can get some carbide tipped tools to turn this piece of nearly petrified wood, I'm sure it'll have some beautiful grain in it!

Keith Burns
01-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Frank and Ken, I am indeed jealous !! Frank, you were indeed lucky to get to meet the infamous Ken. He is high on my list of "want to meet someday". Ken, you were lucky to meet Frank. I have met him and he is indeed a talented turner and one heck of a great guy. Would love to spend some turning time with him.

Mike Ramsey
01-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Well don't you 2 look happy! I would like to meet the man that turns
on an ironing board with a skew myself!

Steve Schlumpf
01-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Mark - read what you said about a light and I had to go back and look at the photo again. LOL Hey, my cage is sitting over in the corner - what a great idea!!

Frank & Ken - glad to see a couple of creekers hook up and have some fun! Thanks for the pic!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-02-2007, 2:58 PM
Well don't you 2 look happy! I would like to meet the man that turns
on an ironing board with a skew myself!

Mike,

My youngest son is going to dental school at the University of Texas, Houston. He and his lovely bride live in Pearland. The LOML has dictated that we'll be visiting there this coming summer. When we are there I'll contact you and see if we can't meet up!

Frank Kobilsek
01-02-2007, 3:26 PM
Guys, thanks for the nice comments about Ken and I. It was a nice day.

The 'French Fry Scoop' as a light holder works well for me but notice the design sheet clipped there too. I keep a scratch sheet of bottle stopper shapes there and add new doodles from time to time. It really helps when you rough something round and it just doesn't 'talk' to you.

Frank

Mike Ramsey
01-02-2007, 3:44 PM
Looking forward to it!

Mike,

My youngest son is going to dental school at the University of Texas, Houston. He and his lovely bride live in Pearland. The LOML has dictated that we'll be visiting there this coming summer. When we are there I'll contact you and see if we can't meet up!

Jim Dunn
01-02-2007, 5:14 PM
Dang it, only 250 miles from me and he didn't even wave. Next time at least honk will ya?

John Hart
01-03-2007, 6:15 AM
Creeker visits are pretty great. Glad you had a chance to hook up. Next time, honk to Jim. He's..uh....cranky.:D