PDA

View Full Version : Where to get rough lumber near Spokane, WA?

Marcus Carr
01-02-2007, 8:49 AM
I have spent a lot of money at the Orange and Blue over the years for my lumber and I am looking for a place to get good rough lumber at a reasonable price. Does anyone know of a place that would sell it in the Spokane, Washington area? Has anyone tried the mail order places?

Thanks,
Marcus

Paul Douglass
01-02-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't know how far it is for you but it is drivable in a day there and back, there is a place in Walla WAlla , WA. that sells it. I haven't been there yet but plan on it someday. Check it out here:

http://jensenhardwood.com/main.html

Monte Milanuk
01-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Marcus,

There is a small shop called 'Lombards Hardwood Supply' over here in Wenatchee; hard to believe there isn't anything similar in Spokane or Cour de'Alene. Have you checked the local yellow pages under 'Lumber'?

HTH,

Monte

Marcus Carr
01-02-2007, 1:43 PM
I haven't checked the yellow pages yet. I will do that now.

Marcus

Dan Forman
01-02-2007, 4:24 PM
Marcus---First off, welcome to the creek! There are several places to try locally. They may not have rough as in untouched, but you can at least get 15/16" that has just been skip planed.

Woodcraft has 4/4 and 8/4 lumber with a fairly good selection including some exotics, prices a little higher.

In the valley there is Intermountain Wood Products--- 10407 E Buckeye Lane Good prices and great selection of the more common hardwoods, but not much in the way of exotics. They have good quality plywood as well. They sell mostly to the trade, but will sell to individuals as well.

Windsor Plywood---A little pricier but has some exotics and turning stock, also Baltic Birch and hardwood plywoods.

Farther afield, but worth the trip is Woodworker Network/Haus of Hardwoods which is just outside of Addy on Highway 395, north of Chewelah maybe 7 or 8 miles. Really nice folks, and good selection including some exotics, great prices for this area. They are the only place around here with nice figured maple. They sell to the public, but also have a membership deal that will get you even better prices. Ask them about it. 1- 800- 291-9663. www.woodworker.net

I do most of my shopping at the first and last places. My dad lives in Colville, so I end up going by WWN on my way up there, and often coming back with some interesting stuff. Happy shopping.

Dan

Lloyd Parker
01-02-2007, 7:09 PM
Been to Jensen's (http://jensenhardwood.com/main.html) several times, I highly recommend them. They will definetly have rough sawn as well as surfaced boards of most Western domestics. Excellent selection of Maple, Walnut, and Oak (4/4, 8/4 and even 12/4 stock). They carry some exotics, it is hit or miss on the exotics sometimes there are quite a few, sometimes they looked very picked over. Give him a call before you head down to see if he has what you need. They are always helpful.

Note the prices on his website are a bit out of date, but I have found that they have the best prices on hardwoods that I can get.

Good Luck.

Monte Milanuk
01-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Sheesh. You fellas got all kinds of good stuff around you... I just have Lombards, then the orange and blue box stores, then the local construction lumberyards. I might have to get over that way some time...

Monte