PDA

View Full Version : Turkey game calls

Harvey M. Taylor
01-02-2007, 7:47 AM
Hi Folks,
Dont post here much, but, read 'most' all that you post. I am trying to justify buying the 'mustard monster', so thought of making some game calls to sell at gun shows that are plentiful in these parts. Anybody know where I can get some wild turkey calls? Seems that along with buffalo horn pens and rattlesnake pens that should go over. Any thoughts-ideas? Also, would like to post some 'pitchers' of my work, but the 20 page tutorial I received one time short circuited my brain and am just now recovering.Thanks for any help, Max

Bonnie Campbell
01-02-2007, 7:56 AM
Hi Harvey.... if you've got a lathe making turkey calls isn't all that hard. It's just a matter of measuring and gluing things up right.

Jon Shively
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Harvey, don't limit yourself to only turkey calls, try this link. Have bought from these folks are seem good to deal with, just haven't gotten into the calls yet. Some antler pens and an assortment of calls should have you being THE popular booth in the event. What I am finding with little effort is people have plenty of antlers stored away from deer that weren't worth the cost of mounting but still a story attached. People seem willing to get a pen from an antler for twenty five dollars and you keep the rest of the antler.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=game-call-reed