PDA

View Full Version : First post and a question about a maple burl

Mike Brooks
01-02-2007, 1:31 AM
Howdy all, been lurking for a while, enjoying the exchange of infomation. Have the oportunity to harvest a maple tree with a lot of burls on it, after consulting with mr. Ken Fitzgerald, mr "spinny", he suggested listing pictures and asking the "big-dogs" how to best cut the tree. Thanks, in advance, looking forward to your advice. Mike

Mark Cothren
01-02-2007, 8:39 AM
Welcome Mike! If you're already consulting with Ken, then I'm afraid there's not much hope for you...;)

The pics of the Maple look good, but they don't enlarge for me so can't see it real good. I've never cut any burl myself, but you can look at quite a bit of Maple burl that is cut to sell on e-bay and get some ideas - until somebody on here gives you specific advice, that is.

Mark Pruitt
01-02-2007, 8:48 AM
Mike,
Someone else on this forum will have to answer your question but I want to say, welcome to SMC! Glad you're here. Like Mark C. said, it will help if you can provide pics that are more enhanced.

Jim Becker
01-02-2007, 9:43 AM
Welcome aboard, Mike!

I'll also suggest that you post your pictures a little larger physically...500-700 pixels wide...as that will help folks adivse you better on your question. Just use the JPG compression settings on your photo software to keep the file sizes below the 100kb limit for each at SMC.

Steve Schlumpf
01-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Mike - just wanted to pop in and welcome you to the Creek! Looking forward to seeing what the experts suggest for your burls!