PDA

View Full Version : Compu Carve from Craftsman

Jon Shively
01-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I don't mean to step on any toes or insult anyone but figured this was the best forum to ask about this product. I would like to branch off in another direction with my wood working that my wife would enjoy and help us maybe make a few nickels with this habit. Anyway, we saw an ad for the Craftsman Compu carve and she was very interested, we checked the website and with some saving is doable in a few months. I have been reading your posts and have checked with the shop bot site, but two thousand is a lot more affordable to me than fourteen thousand. Thoughts and suggestions requested and appreciated.

Oh, here is the web address for the Craftsman Compu Carve tool.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pid=00921754000&cat=Bench+Power+Tools&subcat=Jointers,+Planers+%26+Shapers&vertical=TOOL&ihtoken=1

Jon

Bob Reda
01-02-2007, 7:08 AM
Jon

The Sears Model is the same machine as the Carvewright. Google carvewright and their web page will come up. Unfortunatley, there forum has been down all weekend where you could probably get the answers you are looking for. I have the carvewright while it was in the beta mode, nice little machine.

Bob

Rusty Smith
01-02-2007, 5:18 PM
Can the Carvewright or Compu Carve do fine engraving like needed on pens?

Kurt Strandberg
01-02-2007, 5:25 PM

Nope, the smallest size it will do is 1.5" wide x 0.5" thick x 7.0" long

Bruce Volden
01-02-2007, 5:27 PM

NOPE!

The laser has a .003 focal point / CW= 1/16". Big difference!! Sorry.

Bruce