PDA

View Full Version : Plastic name badges...

Carol VanArnam
01-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Thought I'd just show off a few name badges I've made. Any one have anything cool to show.... What are people charging for name tags? I can make the stuff but it's hard to know what to charge.....

Leigh Costello
01-02-2007, 2:09 AM
Great job, Carol! I haven't done any nametags yet, but when I do, I hope they look as good as yours do.

Mike Null
01-02-2007, 8:08 AM
Carol:

Name tags make up a good portion of my business and I have a low price of $3.50 and a top price of $12.00. There are a lot of places on the internet where you can check prices. (regular and volume accounts get discounts)

Your name tags are very nice but also pretty complex in terms of content. Usually a one line name is one price; a second line a little more; a logo even more, etc., etc.

There are several kinds of attachments and I try to sell as many with magnetic clasps as posible. I get a premium of $1.50 for magnets and they cost $0.29 each in quantities of 500.

I bevel the edges of most of my name tags and charge extra for that.

Put a little label with your name on the back of your name tags.

I buy my findings from JDS and Johnson Plastics.

Joe Pelonio
01-02-2007, 9:19 AM
Nice looking badges.

I'm about the same as Mike, $5 minimum and a couple of those in special shapes with logos could go $10-12. I charge 1$ more for magnetic, and give 10% off for 20+, 15% off for 50+.