PDA

View Full Version : G0605X-Tablesaw Update

Jody Malinich
01-01-2007, 8:50 PM
Just wanted to update those that may be looking at this saw from Grizzly. I had ordered mine back in the middle of September with a projected warehouse date of November. Well November came and went :confused: and so did half of December:(. I decided to call and see what the hold up was. Customer service has/is the best when dealing with equipment purchases. The nice lady told me that the saw was not due in until the end of February now:mad: . Well as much as I wanted to wait for that saw to come in, business wise I need a new saw to start the new year off with. So I ended up cancelling the G0605X and ordering the G5959Z. Since it does not come with an outfeed table I opted to order the 37" wide set of outfeed rollers to attach to the cabinet. This will save me a little shop space so I can another tool.:D Future plans are to add the sliding attachment and maybe pick up a power feeder too. I'd like find a cast extension table for the right side or build a cabinet with drawers/storage for between the rails with the height being the same as the saw top.

The good thing is that I'll have all my stuff this week, which works out as I have just installed both of the new shops roll-up doors.

Ted Miller
01-01-2007, 9:10 PM
Jody, Sounds great, let us know how the new saw performs as I just had a buddy of mine ask me about the 59Z yesterday...

Eric Nelson
01-05-2007, 6:16 PM
Yes, Jody PLEASE tell us how it goes. I am in the same position. I actually would prefer the '59z because I don't want the outfeed table. But the only thing holding me back is the strange blade slot in the table. The blade is about 3/16" from the edge of the slot. This does not leave much room for a zero clearnace insert & it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

Also, the G506x has what appears to a table wing on the left side, but not on the right. As long as there is an extension table on the right, I 'spose it doesn't matter. If anyone has any info to comment on this, I would be interested.